Compiling SVN with Intel C++ Compiler Problems
I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but after seeing someone on the Dolphin forums do this, I'm interested in compiling PCSX2 with the Intel C++ instead of the normal Visual C++. After compiling, however, I get this message when I try to run it:

"Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected. The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,Visual C++,STL containers), and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode, Intel C++,STL containers)."

I'm not sure if anyone can help on this, but is there a fix for this? Thx alot
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz
AMD Radeon 4850 512MB
6GB DDR3 RAM

Sponsored links

thats because pcsx2 svn's are made so that u can only compile them with visual 2008 (and probably soon 2010) and that is cause dev's have "made" the libraries to work with the visual 2008. to be able to compile something with the intel c++ the files must have been made in a way so they will get compiled with the intel c++. so there is no way it will work (i know i didnt give a good explanation but i am not good in that staff and not that great with complicated english words but i hope u can understand Tongue )
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
We have at times tried to support the Intel C++ compiler. However, Intel C++ compilers have... issues. They're really buggy. They also don't do crap for PCSX2, speed-wise.

Technically speaking, Intel's optimizer is far inferior to both Microsoft Visual C++'s and GCC's optimizers. The only place it has any rewards over the others is in it's SIMD/XMM support. Unfortunately, PCSX2 has strict rules on XMM register use, due to its highly optimized recompilers. Translation: The only thing Intel's compiler is good at has to be disabled in order for the compiler to generate working code anyway. Without XMM, Intel's code gen is usually quite a bit inferior to the other major brand compilers.

Without any benefit, and with so many bugs being exhibited by the compiler that we would have to work around; there's been little motivation to continue trying to support it.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Alright that makes complete sense. Thx for the info
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz
AMD Radeon 4850 512MB
6GB DDR3 RAM
so everything i said is wrong? (i am asking so i can learn something)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Intel's compiler is actually pretty highly compatible with MSVC "out of the box" -- it can load and compile the Visual Studio 2008 solution files. It just tends to throw a lot of errors because it's not really fully C++ compliant yet, and is buggy. (Intel has always focused mostly on C, and its C++ support is very weak).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team