Compiling problem with Xubuntu 13.04 32 bit
Well, my turn to make a new thread. Laugh

I just "downgraded" from a 7850 to a 6850 as the mesa driver is totally different and much further ahead for the 6850 in terms of quality due to different architecture (as Catalyst is once again not acting right). I figured I would try out the latest svn to test out the excellent progress. But I ran into some problems...
I dropped to 32 bit Xubuntu 13.04 to make it easier to compile without having to resort to my Virtualbox method on 64 bit, as I only have a 120GB SSD. I added the PPA to the repos to use the sudo apt-get build-dep pcsx2-unstable to easily add all the dependencies. Well that didn't work too well as noted in my attachment, so I manually installed all dependencies via the repos (but pcsx2-unstable installed fine). So then I downloaded the svn and tried to compile using the Release build flag and -DEGL_API=TRUE flag. This didn't work too well as noted in my attachment.

Part 2...I tried agin with just the Release build flag, nothing else. Once again Make command gives me errors.

I guess the forum merged my various parts together...
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Sponsored links

Miss portaudio or wrong version?
Quote:12:23 gregory ~ % list portaudio
ii libportaudio0 18.1-7.1 amd64 Portable audio I/O - shared library
ii libportaudio2:amd64 19+svn20111121-1 amd64 Portable audio I/O - shared library
ii libportaudio2:i386 19+svn20111121-1 i386 Portable audio I/O - shared library
ii libportaudiocpp0:amd64 19+svn20111121-1 amd64 Portable audio I/O C++ bindings - shared library
ii libportaudiocpp0:i386 19+svn20111121-1 i386 Portable audio I/O C++ bindings - shared library
ii portaudio19-dev 19+svn20111121-1 i386 Portable audio I/O - development files

By the way, you need to get the development branch not the trunk. That mean
svn co http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/gsdx-ogl-wnd
Indeed, I had grabbed a wrong version of portaudio from the repos. I grabbed the correct one this time as noted on the Google Code page and now it compiles! I can't believe I missed that simple issue. Also I'm suprised that sudo apt-get build-dep pcsx2-unstable doesn't work anymore..oh well.

Anyways, I tested the executable of gsdx-ogl-wnd version with -DEGL_API=TRUE cmake option. It continually give me a failed to create context warning and froze.

Yep, I hach mesa (send the patch upstream) to enable more context option.

Edit: use latest branch version
I originally tried the patch (and messed it up) but then I notice you went ahead and edited the branch. It runs decent...still some grpahical errors, but otherwise it run much better! Still not yet playable due to weird glitches but a huge step in the right direction!
Lol, it looks like the main character in Dragon Quest 8 is wearing an American football mask.
[attachment=44558]

[attachment=44559]

On an unrelated note, mesa says HDMI audio project is "Done" but I get no sound despite the radeon.audio=1 in grub file for free drivers. Catalyst drivers does allow sound but of course its nonplayable on pcsx2. Perhaps I should ask a question on Ubuntu forums to see if I am missing something.

Try to set logz, it might reduce Z fighting issue
GSdx.ini => logz = 1
When I change logz, it did nothing. I adjusted the upscale and the grpahics became normal for a few seconds, then this occured.

[attachment=44564]

Changed upscaling, changed logz back to 0...nothing happended. Now Dragon Quest 8 looks like an Atari game. Tongue

Ok, thank for the test. I fixed upscale (normally). I need to fix date (destination alpha testing) setup. It might explain some issue.
R5656 works much better. Of course it's still slow due to weak HW acceleration but getting better as drivers progress. Smile

Enabling 8 bit texture produces same wacky graphics effect as 2nd attachment from post #5.

On a side note, since the computer fire last month I replace the monitor and cables to HDMI type of system. Catalyst makes the sound work but Mesa has no sound for HDMI despite it being "Done" in status panel for 6850 driver. Motherboard sound not working either...So either way I lose on Linux for now.

Hum miseru got somes issues with r5656. I need to double check the rendering properly.

8bits texture are not yet implemented Tongue2 I have some clues to fix it.

Maybe you could try to open a bug report in mesa. I never used HDMI for audio.