Complete list of ALL BIOS Types we can get online with??
(07-28-2009, 04:27 AM)Koji Wrote: It's probably best not to insult both a respected plugin author, and one of the moderators of this forum. Maybe if you gave people some respect, they'd give you some in return...

All i asked was a question and got disrespect. Should i have worded it more respectfully to them before ever having met them? Honestly, Einstein, tell me how you suggest i could have been more respectful to people that i hadnt yet known existed, as i could not have possibly been disrespectful in my first post.
Are you even aware that you're saying that i deserve the disrespect that i complained about in my SECOND POST? Because the first one was a technical question. I;m not sure, but i dont think i insulted anyone in the first post. Then again, i could be wrong, since all the forum-dwellers seem to think so. And i dont care who they are. I came here for an answer which i havent yet gotten. Whats the point of the support forum again?

Ahem, maybe i should have used only pre school wording in my question so that everyone here could at least understand it. I guess you're right, i was disrespectful. I shouldnt have been so pompous as to expect anyone who spends his time on forums to understand my question.

I'm not here to admire peoples avatars, so why is everyone coming into my question just to show them off by posting gibberish?

Sponsored links

(07-28-2009, 05:15 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Many of the games that had online play no longer have servers any more so I wouldn't worry so much about online play.

Also, lol@attitude

Thank you for an answer, even if it was not what i hoped for. You are a human of some value. Allah bless you.
But i really do need to know which ones are capable of supporting online play.

(07-28-2009, 10:24 AM)refraction Wrote: There is no specific model to play online with.

EVERY ps2 had online capability, admittedly the early PS2's required you to buy the HDD/Network module, but it still worked. Just dump A bios, make sure you have the NVM file too (with the same name as the main rom) as this stores your MAC address

I KNEW IT WOULD TAKE A DEVELOPER TO ANSWER THE DAMNED QUESTION! You guys are where its at. Thanks alot. You're the only ones who take this stuff seriously rather than posting as much junk in the forums as you can to get noticed. And you're wrong about every model having online playability. All US console did but not all Asian models. And i dont know about PAL..

I wasnt inquiring about which PS2 models had online playability but which ones whose BIOS types would work online in conjunction with the PCSX2 emulator. I read a thread, maybe i can make a link to it, in which the developer ( i think) of the online emulator portion of PCSx2 stated that not all BIOS types would work with the online emulator. Actually ill quote it let me just find that, and ill edit this post with it.
Quote:Then again, i could be wrong, since all the forum-dwellers seem to think so. And i dont care who they are. I came here for an answer which i havent yet gotten. Whats the point of the support forum again?
How much are you paying for the support forum again? Right,you are NOT,so be glad it even exists for your leisure.

Quote:Ahem, maybe i should have used only pre school wording in my question so that everyone here could at least understand it. I guess you're right, i was disrespectful. I shouldnt have been so pompous as to expect anyone who spends his time on forums to understand my question.

Exactly this behavior is what everyone is talking about. Start realizing no one is required to answer your questions, or like the attitude.

That said,you got the answer from refraction 2 posts back from mine,but seems you're too busy being rude and bitching to actually read what people are telling you.

Edit: On-topic: If the PS2 console supports online play,the BIOS that comes from that console will support it and vice-versa. Still the whole point (and this is why most got hostile at your first post) is that you can only use the BIOS you got from your OWN playstation 2 console to use the emulator legally. Any other way is illegal,and we do not support that here.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Alright, what i found was Bositman stating that 10000 might not work. I dont remember where i found the other model numbers but i know there were more...

Which models do you know for certain work with the online emulator?

"Attention: It is recommended that you have all files for BIOS newer than the SCPH-10000.bin.You will probably be able to run the bios or games without having them but there may be a chance that these affect compatibility somehow.This includes rom1.bin,rom2.bin,erom.bin and a SCPH-XXXXX.nvm file where XXXXX is the version of your bios(eg SCPH-34004.nvm).This last file can be also created from PCSX2 after you configure your bios(set time zone,language etc) but it's better if you have this file directly ripped from your Playstation 2.Once more DO NOT ASK where to get these files,since they are part of BIOS too."

"Note: For maximum compatibility it is recommended that you use a BIOS image different than SCPH10000.BIN which is the oldest one.That's because with this BIOS there are problems in memory card emulation and in other sections."

And then there are different specs for different models, 10000 aside:

auMatt Wrote:
"Basically the first jap ps2 had a single bios and the dvd player etc were installed on the memcard.
The Ps2's after that first model had the Dvd Player software installed in a separate ROM (EROM) which is encrypted.
The ROM1 is an additional part of the BIOS that contains some extra stuff like ID's for DVD Player version etc.
ROM2 is the same really but I think only available in Chinese PS2's.
Hope this helps."
(07-28-2009, 01:18 PM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:Then again, i could be wrong, since all the forum-dwellers seem to think so. And i dont care who they are. I came here for an answer which i havent yet gotten. Whats the point of the support forum again?
How much are you paying for the support forum again? Right,you are NOT,so be glad it even exists for your leisure.

Quote:Ahem, maybe i should have used only pre school wording in my question so that everyone here could at least understand it. I guess you're right, i was disrespectful. I shouldnt have been so pompous as to expect anyone who spends his time on forums to understand my question.

Exactly this behavior is what everyone is talking about. Start realizing no one is required to answer your questions, or like the attitude.

That said,you got the answer from refraction 2 posts back from mine,but seems you're too busy being rude and bitching to actually read what people are telling you.

Edit: On-topic: If the PS2 console supports online play,the BIOS that comes from that console will support it and vice-versa. Still the whole point (and this is why most got hostile at your first post) is that you can only use the BIOS you got from your OWN playstation 2 console to use the emulator legally. Any other way is illegal,and we do not support that here.

Noones afraid of moderators. Or big bad words on forums. Trust me. And if you took the time to read all the posts, rather than spending your time bitching about how im spending my time bitching, you'd notice that i did respond to refs answer. Thank you, and good day.
Stupidity makes me hostile. And theres an abundance of it here.
It's pretty obvious that I made my post while you were writing your second post above,so my statement was correct. In your first reply,you totally missed refraction's reply,for the reasons I stated it seems Wink

I'm not trying to scare anyone,just trying to make you realize no one here owes you anything, no one has to help you and you should be glad you even have this forum to post your question,instead of attacking everyone in sight.

Yes,that BIOS will not support online play since it was the first PS2 ever released. But again,this is a moot point,since you are not allowed to use that BIOS unless you actually own the first JAP playstation 2 console that contained this BIOS.
I can only tell for my Europe 01.60 BIOS that it works online but as Refraction said most (if not all) should support it,with the exception of extremely old BIOS files of the initial playstation 2s. Wikipedia probably lists the consoles that support it...
(07-28-2009, 01:35 PM)Petre Wrote: Stupidity makes me hostile.
So you smack yourself in the face every time you look in a mirror? Try using something with a bit more weight, hopefully it'll knock some common sense and basic gratitude into that empty head of yours.
[Image: 527772.png]
very long argumentation, and most of them is out of topic...

so, petre, are you sure want an answer here? or just looking for a argumentation about wording?

are you looking for a ps2? if you need to dump an "onlineable" bios, then ask to a shopkeeper for a ps2 that able to go online...

if you just picking illegal bioses that capable online, dont ask here, this forum restrict any support for illegal stuff. Smile
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]

(07-28-2009, 10:24 AM)refraction Wrote: There is no specific model to play online with.

EVERY ps2 had online capability, admittedly the early PS2's required you to buy the HDD/Network module, but it still worked. Just dump A bios, make sure you have the NVM file too (with the same name as the main rom) as this stores your MAC address

(07-28-2009, 01:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: It's pretty obvious that I made my post while you were writing your second post above,so my statement was correct. In your first reply,you totally missed refraction's reply,for the reasons I stated it seems Wink

I'm not trying to scare anyone,just trying to make you realize no one here owes you anything, no one has to help you and you should be glad you even have this forum to post your question,instead of attacking everyone in sight.

Yes,that BIOS will not support online play since it was the first PS2 ever released. But again,this is a moot point,since you are not allowed to use that BIOS unless you actually own the first JAP playstation 2 console that contained this BIOS.
I can only tell for my Europe 01.60 BIOS that it works online but as Refraction said most (if not all) should support it,with the exception of extremely old BIOS files of the initial playstation 2s. Wikipedia probably lists the consoles that support it...

playstation 2's is plural. Ao i have to ask: which models wont work? Only 10, 15 , 18000? All other models will work?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation...ansion_Bay