Completely new to emulators, Black screen
Hello forum, I just installed pcsx2 after reading the basic guide and am trying to run kingdom hearts, I am getting a black screen with absolutely nothing showing. Sound works fine and my controller pad is set up properly (I can hear the menu sounds when i move the d-pad). Can someone help me fix this?

Sponsored links

Update directx
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Configure the GSdx plugin and make sure renderer is set to DX9/10/11 (whatever your system supports) hardware and not null
[Image: newsig.jpg]
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks for the quick replies, I am running pcsx2 1.0.0 my current specs: [Image: 6419ce30bdbfa19ee56fec6f89df1822] I have not changed default settings besides configuring the controller pad and my directx is up to date

I am trying to run kingdom hearts on ISO
your link is broken and please update to 1.2.1, version 1.0.0 is no longer supported.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-27-2014, 11:40 AM)refraction Wrote: your link is broken and please update to 1.2.1, version 1.0.0 is no longer supported.

will do, updated specs [Image: xRsCY3w.png]
Sorry for the trouble guys, did what Bositman told me and changed renderer to opengl, game works now, thanks!
I said change to directX Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-27-2014, 11:53 AM)Bositman Wrote: I said change to directX Tongue

well, then he didn't listen, simple Tongue