Computer ready for Emulator
Hi Guys,

i've tried to run the emulator on an old pc but this one doesn't support some spec's.

So, hopefully the emulator would be run on this system:

Hardware details:

processor: Intel Core i7-920
RAM: 6GB Triple-Kit OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666
graphiccard: (ATI) XFC RADEON HD 4890 1GB DDR5 PCI-E 2.0
mainboard: ASUS P6T SE, Sockel 1366, ATX, DDR3

further information(maybe helpfully):
HDD: 2x 640GB 7200rpm
CD/DVD: LG GH22LS30
power supply: BE Quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550Watt

Is it possibly to run the emulator successfully on it, and emulate games like 'mystic heros' Wink

Thanks a lot!

Greetings

Sponsored links

It will run fine. Not sure about that game, but for games the emulator supports it's pretty good.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yes, this computer is o'k, very good, but not perfect: i920 is worst choice from whole i7 family, i860 with 4Gb of memory would be better solution (and cheaper). Power supply is not enough for overcloking (processor, GPU and 2 harddisks is a lot of power). And 2 harddisks? Why? For emulation better solution would be 1 15000rpmed 320Gb one (but this is not really important).
Thanks for your replys.

I've heard that emulators (this too?) are using the processor to display games, so the gpu isn't only for rendering graphic appropriate.

My question: In the lenght of time, the processor would lose calculating power cause of the high operating grade, is this true?

- hope you understand what i mean, i didn't know that professionals are in this board, until yet Wink

Thanks

Greetings
The 7200rpm 640GB HDDs are only ~10watts each when reading/writing (and less than 3 watts when idle), compared to ~15 watts/4 watts for a single 300gb 15k -- so I don't think those are a big deal power-wise. Not when you're looking at 200+ watts on the video card alone. Wink Most people seem to like the idea of RAID data integrity more-so than for performance, so for them the 2x640 makes more sense than the high-speed 15k alternative anyway. Also, there's an argument out there that if you're needing high performance storage, you're better off getting a set of high-storage HDDs (like the 2x640) for most things where performance isn't critical (most multimedia stuff, which is usually the stuff that fills HDDs) in combo with a 64gig SSD for the operating system and program files. A dozen times faster than even 15k RPM HDDs, uses less power, and gives more total sotrage capacity and much better data integrity.

(although that requires a bit more data management and tech savvy'ness compared to the blanket "one-speed-fits-most" 15k RPM HDD solution, so probably not a good idea for everyone .. and is certainly the most expensive option still)

I'd compare prices but I can't find any 15k drives on newegg that haven't been discontinued. -_-
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
As far as I know, the fastest consumer (traditional) hard drives are WD Raptors at 10k RPM. The only 15k RPM drives are SCSI/SAS drives used in servers, and they are LOUD.

And i7 920 is not a bad choice in CPU as long as you overclock it. It overclocks as well if not better than the i7 860 (D0 revision at least).

Quote:My question: In the lenght of time, the processor would lose calculating power cause of the high operating grade, is this true?
Just the act of running a CPU will place stress on the transistors etc. However, if you don't overclock at all and leave CPU settings at stock, you won't have to worry about burnt out CPUs for another 5+ years, if not more. Even at a constant 100% load. It's far more likely that other system components die first, most notably the hard drive.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
yep unless you gave too high voltage to your CPU it will not die fast.
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU