Computer spec/fps tips
(07-08-2012, 03:52 AM)abdo123 Wrote: no, it's not logical ...

how can i got bottlenecked when i have ~20% unused ?

unless you mean by HW depend Laptops power saving plan so they don't actually use 100% of the HW ?

and it's not like "hmm i am using 50% of my GPU yeah no slowdown and then it become 100% hmm a big slow down "

not because it's working 100% you have slowdown , it'sbecause even with maximum work it's not enough ...

Hey .
having note that the app like gpu mon scanning periond shortest 1s .Can you garantee what is the cpu load during that second.1 s the too long for electronic device.

Sponsored links

(07-08-2012, 04:00 AM)kamwah99 Wrote: Your computer spec is not bad in general.But the high graphic demand of pcxs2 seems little bit hard to have a very good performance.
I know that acer NB mainboard doesn't allow to boost the clock speed higher.You can check the task manger to see the cpu usage.the os will command cpu to boost up as heavy load detected.

he got the best 2nd internal GPU in the market ( since mobile IVY haven't got into the stores yet )

and PCSX2 isn't GPU demanding at all you can always lower the resolution rendered in any game Smile ( native is the best and a fast choice )

but this isn't the deal it's a clear sign of CPU bottleneck
Oh I see, there's no option in BIOS for overclocking in acers ergg... So like abdo said even if im at 100% it's still not enough but even if im not set on power saver, and set custom for performance settings I wont get the " bad lag " unless im at maximum. I've ran some tests and this is what I've come up with.

~~
While in burnout 3 menu's ( After a race and before a race I'm anywhere from 30's-40's fps, with all speedhacks ofc.. My CPU Usage floats around 43-55%. ( Again still keeping in mind i'm running around 30-40 fps.)
Now while in an actual race ( Car selection I spike upto 77% CPU Usage and bang out higher 40's to mid 50's fps - Great!) Continuing onto the race it seems like it starts low ( CPU Usage and fps, i start low 20's fps and from 50's-low 60's CPU Usage and they both rise gradually, up to 35 fps and up to 80's CPU Usage, now I have not spiked 100% monitoring..
So Kam i see how you can say 7-80% CPU Usage, I havn't seen anything higher than 88% CPU Usage. Is there a reason why? Is one of my settings off a bit?
maybe you are GPU bottlenecked ( which i doubt since MTVU helped alot )

check the EE and GS percentage when slow downs if EE is up ( above 90% ) it's your CPU if GS is up then it's your GPU but encase it was GS do the following :

decrease internal res by going Config > VIDEO > plugin settings

tick the box native if it's already ticked then un tick it chose the option Custom in "Or use other scaling"

put this value in the 2 boxes "384"
(07-08-2012, 04:25 AM)K1nG JaY xX Wrote: So Kam i see how you can say 7-80% CPU Usage, I havn't seen anything higher than 88% CPU Usage. Is there a reason why? Is one of my settings off a bit?

There are many possiblities .one of the reason is bios design.one is os limiting the operation (You can never set the execution piorirty to "instant" for ordinary apps).OS reserves resource for its background work.Not much we can do.

(07-08-2012, 04:06 AM)abdo123 Wrote: he got the best 2nd internal GPU in the market ( since mobile IVY haven't got into the stores yet )

and PCSX2 isn't GPU demanding at all you can always lower the resolution rendered in any game Smile ( native is the best and a fast choice )

but this isn't the deal it's a clear sign of CPU bottleneck

Something supecious here ,why he use dx9-10 setting as we know that latest graphic supports dx11.
(07-08-2012, 04:39 AM)kamwah99 Wrote: There are many possiblities .one of the reason is bios design.one is os limiting the operation (You can never set the execution piorirty to "instant" for ordinary apps).OS reserves resource for its background work.Not much we can do.

Something supecious here ,why he use dx9-10 setting as we know that latest graphic supports dx11.

when did he said anything about using D3D10/9 anyway the D3D10 shouldn't be here and GSDX didn't implement DX11 so D3D11=10 for now in everything
(07-08-2012, 04:31 AM)abdo123 Wrote: maybe you are GPU bottlenecked ( which i doubt since MTVU helped alot )

check the EE and GS percentage when slow downs if EE is up ( above 90% ) it's your CPU if GS is up then it's your GPU but encase it was GS do the following :

Playing Burnout 3, EE is ALWAYS above 90% I havn't seen it drop below 90% honestly and it hits 100% quite often, as for GS, is hit 0% quite often, but it hangs around 20-50's I know that's a large window, but as I monitor it, It doesn't really go about that number. So from what you've said my CPU is what's the problem?

(07-08-2012, 04:45 AM)abdo123 Wrote: when did he said anything about using D3D10/9 anyway the D3D10 shouldn't be here and GSDX didn't implement DX11 so D3D11=10 for now in everything

Yeah this, I'm very sorry if I confused something, or said it wrong. I noticed now DX11 is really 10 in the settings, so thats why I said 10. My mistake Blush
(07-08-2012, 04:47 AM)K1nG JaY xX Wrote: Playing Burnout 3, EE is ALWAYS above 90% I havn't seen it drop below 90% honestly and it hits 100% quite often, as for GS, is hit 0% quite often, but it hangs around 20-50's I know that's a large window, but as I monitor it, It doesn't really go about that number. So from what you've said my CPU is what's the problem?

it's weak that's the problem ( MTVU helps alot with this case )

you have 2 solutions :

1- OC your CPU

2- upgrade your CPU

but you can't do both since it's a laptop ...

if you have the $$$$$ i am pretty sure you need an upgrade here ...
(07-08-2012, 04:00 AM)kamwah99 Wrote: Your computer spec is not bad in general.But the high graphic demand of pcxs2 seems little bit hard to have a very good performance.
I know that acer NB mainboard doesn't allow to boost the clock speed higher.

That would be the problem for the first option, in the BIOS there is no option to OC at all, and if i could do it from windows I hear that is very unstable. This is not my area of expertise nor am I'm trying to sound smart.
So maybe OC isn't possible in this case, so upgrading would be a reasonable choice, but what would I upgrade the whole computer? or which part?
The CPU as in what? ( I'm not very good in computer parts, sorry =s )
(07-08-2012, 04:45 AM)abdo123 Wrote: when did he said anything about using D3D10/9 anyway the D3D10 shouldn't be here and GSDX didn't implement DX11 so D3D11=10 for now in everything

Do You mean this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)