Config Help
hello all im new to the pcsx2 net looking for some help with setup so far i can play my ffxii no prob with little low frame rate problems and minor audio jitters ...i dowloaded r5798 and my pc specs are as follows

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model MS-7597
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon™ II X2 250 Processor, 3451 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68F9), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 5450
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

with all the latest drivers ... my problem is when i try to play other games even simple ones such as hot shots golf my framerate drops to around 7 and the game is unplayable ...my system isnt superb but i play mmorgs like ffxivarr and terra both wich require a decent pc so im wondering if its a setup / configuration problem ....any input would be highly appreciated
edit ... i was assuming hot shots was a simpler game due to the graphics and gameplay style and was using it as an example only

Sponsored links

You can't compare emulation to native pc games. Hot shots isn't the easiest game to run and your system isn't very good at all especially for ps2 emulation.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
according to .... Sticky Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer? i meet the recomended pc requirements no i dont have a dedicated "gaming " pc but i should be able to run more than 1 game
Hot shots has some harder to hand post processing affects and it requires a good pc. No offense but your graphics card is pretty bad. Your cpu also isn't that good. The lighter games will run, but a lot won't.
no offense taken ..lol.. so basically im just going to have to go through my collection and see whats going to run ....im gonna assume need for speed is out
have you tried the obvious speedhacks?
(01-09-2014, 05:11 PM)OldSchoolGamer81 Wrote: no offense taken ..lol.. so basically im just going to have to go through my collection and see whats going to run ....im gonna assume need for speed is out

Need For Speed is is our for sure. Those games are incredibly demanding and even I have issues with them. The only one that works well for me is NFS Underground 1, but you will need a much faster pc to play that game I'm afraid.
... well looks like maybe a new pc build after i get my taxes done lol
and yes i use the preset speed hacks that are built in
i will just have to hunt through my games and see whats playable ty for the help
(01-09-2014, 05:28 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Need For Speed is is our for sure. Those games are incredibly demanding and even I have issues with them. The only one that works well for me is NFS Underground 1, but you will need a much faster pc to play that game I'm afraid.
nfs is such game which doenot emulate well in pcsx2.
i do have a question though ... what make emulating a game console that is 10+ years old this difficut .... you would think todays pc's are much stronger and faster than a ps2 ?