Config for best performance
Hi all!

First time poster, looking for some help.

I've been trying to get PCSX2 working on my MacBook Pro to get consistently as close to 100% speed as possible. Wondered if I could get some tips, or someone could tell me if it's even possible on my machine.

Running TellowKrinkle's 1.7.0 64-bit build on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor - 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory - 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics - Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
I've also upgraded the hard drive to a 1TB Solid State PCI-Express Drive.

Tinkered with the Graphics Settings and Speedhacks, and I can get to 100%, but it drops as soon as more than a few objects are on screen.

Anybody have any advice on what settings to try to get the performance up? Would be much appreciated

Sponsored links

(04-21-2022, 12:12 PM)Journeyman Wrote: Hi all!

First time poster, looking for some help.

I've been trying to get PCSX2 working on my MacBook Pro to get consistently as close to 100% speed as possible. Wondered if I could get some tips, or someone could tell me if it's even possible on my machine.

Running TellowKrinkle's 1.7.0 64-bit build on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor - 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory - 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics - Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
I've also upgraded the hard drive to a 1TB Solid State PCI-Express Drive.

Tinkered with the Graphics Settings and Speedhacks, and I can get to 100%, but it drops as soon as more than a few objects are on screen.

Anybody have any advice on what settings to try to get the performance up? Would be much appreciated

What game?  Post a screenshot including the title bar of PCSX2 when the game is lagging
But do note that your computer is a bit old with only two cores, and probably won't play all games well.
(04-24-2022, 12:54 AM)TellowKrinkle Wrote: What game?  Post a screenshot including the title bar of PCSX2 when the game is lagging
But do note that your computer is a bit old with only two cores, and probably won't play all games well.

Hi! Thanks for responding and for the PCSX2 Mac build in general! (I am not worthy).

I've been trying to play Ratchet and Clank 2. Can't even get to the title screen on the first game, but have it working well enough to play on a couple of other games, including co-op on Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy.

Here's a screenshot with the title bar included.

I figured it would probably be the case that my computer was a bit under-powered, but worth it to try
(04-25-2022, 01:15 PM)Journeyman Wrote: Here's a screenshot with the title bar included.

For R&C you can try setting EE Cycle Skipping to 1 in speedhacks, which will decrease the game's internal frame rate (making it easier to run), but I'm not sure it'll be enough for your dual core.

(Side note: The part you screenshotted is a cutscene and isn't actually running the game's rendering engine, so it isn't really representative.  On the other hand, I'd expect at least the cutscene to run fine... could you run Intel Power Gadget while the game is running and screenshot that too?)