Config tips for Persona 4
Hey guys,

I am trying to play P4 on PCSX2 but the results are always super sluggish, I can barely walk around in the game without massive framerate drops. I don't know if it is a problem with my sound of graphics configuration, but I thought my computer would be able to handle it. Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 45100 CPU @ 2.OOGHz 2.60 GHz 
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (788 GB usable) 

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
GRAPHIC CARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE 840M

I believe I am using the latest GSDX and SPU2-X plugins (which seem to be the best ones?), but none of the configuration trials I am doing is working. Any tips?

Best!

Sponsored links

your system near same my system just my pc i5 4210u. Here my settings under config-video-plugin settings;

Internal Resoultion 2x
Texture Filter: 16x
CRC Hack Level: Aggressive
Enable HW Hacks and click configure hack MSAA 0x
Shader Configuration enable shade boost contrast 55 other two 60 and enable external shader

Lastly use widescreen patch. This solved my fps drop problem some white color enemies. Try it.
(01-01-2017, 02:23 AM)drgn Wrote: your system near same my system just my pc i5 4210u. Here my settings under config-video-plugin settings;

Internal Resoultion 2x
Texture Filter: 16x
CRC Hack Level: Aggressive
Enable HW Hacks and click configure hack MSAA 0x
Shader Configuration enable shade boost contrast 55 other two 60 and enable external shader

Lastly use widescreen patch. This solved my fps drop problem some white color enemies. Try it.

I did all of that and put my computer in high performance and it sorta did the trick, yes. The framerate is much smoother for most of the game, but I am yet to get into major battles (I really just started and the entire first hour of this game is a setting things up), so I don't know if it will continue to run smoothly. Is it ok to leave a laptop on high performance mode for extended gaming sessions?

Anyway, thanks for the help!
(01-01-2017, 02:16 PM)Caiofoxfox Wrote: I did all of that and put my computer in high performance and it sorta did the trick, yes. The framerate is much smoother for most of the game, but I am yet to get into major battles (I really just started and the entire first hour of this game is a setting things up), so I don't know if it will continue to run smoothly. Is it ok to leave a laptop on high performance mode for extended gaming sessions?

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Just an update: the framerate dropped to 80% during one of the boss battles. I think bumping down the resolution to the native ps2 may help. If anyone else knows of alternative configs I can use, let me know. Otherwise, the game is at least playable now.

Best!
like ı said use ws patch.