Configs will not save 0.9.7
Yes, I have read the FAQ. Yes, I am on Windows 7. Yes, I have run it as an Admin, given it Admin privvies, and UAC has been disabled since I INSTALLED Windows 7.

I installed it to the default direction, I also tried moving it to "My Documents" or Simply C:/pcsx2

To no avail, though, to no avail.

It resets everytime I restart it. What I tried though, was taking the .tmp file it created, renaming it pcsx2.ini and making it read only. It worked, the settings loaded everytime that I had set and it saved to the .tmp, if I did not make it read only, it deletes the .ini upon every restart of PCSX2. Issue is, my games also will not run due to this. For some odd reason, that is.

I was trying to run FFX Int, played it a few years ago on 9.4 and was nice then, and heard 9.7 was really good, followed guides I read about(Thanks Shadowlady, except ZeroSPU makes odd stuttering for some reason, the default Sound plugin has it, but 90% less), not sure what's up though. Using the default download from your page, in a fresh install.

Thanks for any help.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||

Sponsored links

Check in Config->Plugin/BIOS selector->Folders. Those are the working folders for configuration saving, regardless where you've put the exe. You should have rights on those folders and if you don't switch them to somewhere you do.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
This sounds like the known bug we're still trying to figure out that causes various parts of PCSX2 to fail when trying to load or save files. In my own experience, deleting the pcsx2 folder from your documents dir or putting the pcsx2 user documents elsewhere on your hard drive, fixes the problem.

I wish I knew what the root cause was, but the errors are mysterious. It just thinks the file is read/write protected and/or corrupt somehow; but of course it works fine from pretty much any other app. It's perplexing at this time.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Yes, I made sure I have rights to those folders. It is the only Account on the computer, mine, and it is Admin. =/

How odd, I guess I could use some old SVN's. I also notice that when I do run the game, it is alot slower than than some 0.9.5 SVN's I have, how odd, even with Shadowladies config.
|| Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHZ || Gigabyte AUROS 1080 Ti 11GB @ 2050MHZ/12GHZ Memory || 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHZ || 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD + 128GB 830 SSD || 4TB HDD + 1TB HDD || Windows 10 64-bit Professional || EVGA G3 850w PSU || MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 ||
Yeah you could be better off with the old svn's since you would get more fps, Or even pcsx2 0.9.6. Probably because of the new gui/coding that pcsx2 0.9.7. is slower.
CPU: Core i5 Processor 3330
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1 TB
OS1: Windows 10