Configurating my PCSX2 with the Best Performance
Hi, im here just to be helped in configurating my PCSX2, because i can't do it alone. I searched for a long time a tutorial video or the official guides, but i don't have to much knowledge to do the best performance configuration for my computer. That happens because i have a good computer, but the emulator still lag and even with 60 FPS it seems slowly, always happens some problems that i can't figure out how to deal with.

So i ill make a small list of the games that i have and i hope that a good soul will help me in configurating the entire emulator to have a good performance. My emulator is on the standard configuration now, because i did reset the emulator first before posting this. I just want to someone post a good configuration for my Games and PC Specs work perfectly or near that.

So, here is my PC Specs and my game list:

Games: NFS Most Wanted - Black Edition; NFS Carbon; NFS ProStreet; Shadow of the Colossus; MidnightClub 2; MidnightClub 3 DUB Remix; HotWheels Beat That; Bakugan Battle Brawlers; LEGO Batman; LEGO Indiana Jones; and Heatseeker.

PC Specs:
Processor - Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz
Graphic Card - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM - 8 GB (2400MHz)
System - Windows 10
Support to all DirexctX drivers
8 GB RAM - 2400MHz

Emulator: PCSX2 1.4.0

So, that being said, i hope that someone can help me to configure this. It seems easy because of my PC Specs, but, strangely, its not...

Sponsored links

First, you should use the latest GIT (developmental releases) and use OpenGL Hardware mode for Gsdx. Within Gsdx, you could turn on 8-bit textures, but definitely have the internal resolution to 2x native and anisotropic filtering to 16x. Set the blending unit accuracy to none and mipmapping to basic.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
gtgqmer his pc is good enogh and he don't need 8bit textures and his gpu can easily handle above 2x

As a start use the latest beta,opengl and from the pcsx2 settings uncheck pressets and enable mtvu from the speedhacks

From your list of games I have nfsmw which works fne without any special configuration on a slower hardware and shadow of the coloussus which is one the most demandng games and runs slow on every cpu(I don't know about overclock 7700k/8700k)unless you set vu cycle rate to 1 from the speedhacks
(12-25-2018, 05:54 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: First, you should use the latest GIT (developmental releases) and use OpenGL Hardware mode for Gsdx. Within Gsdx, you could turn on 8-bit textures, but definitely have the internal resolution to 2x native and anisotropic filtering to 16x. Set the blending unit accuracy to none and mipmapping to basic.

I'd recommend Blending to basic so he gets some blending support and not see a bunch of glitches. Also there is no need to change the mipmapping option, it's best to leave it on automatic, some games don't play nice with it and might even get graphical glitches if not supported properly.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(12-25-2018, 05:54 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: First, you should use the latest GIT (developmental releases) and use OpenGL Hardware mode for Gsdx. Within Gsdx, you could turn on 8-bit textures, but definitely have the internal resolution to 2x native and anisotropic filtering to 16x. Set the blending unit accuracy to none and mipmapping to basic.

Do you have the link to the Forum who Developers can upload the latest version of Plug-ins and Emulator Versions?
And what is "GIT"?

Print -> https://imgur.com/a/ydJpuGX

As you can se too, there is no option for your full recomended conf. I need to use a updated Plug-in?
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
(12-25-2018, 09:34 PM)vsub Wrote: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Oh thanks ^^