Configuration Help!
Hello, I'm new here and I juts managed to get PCSX2 up and running. I decided to take it slow to see if it was working 100% by playing a relatively basic game, Taz Wanted. But when I booted it up the audio was completely distorted and the game was extremely laggy. I have no idea why this is happening especially sense my laptop isn't slow at all (Sony Vaio with Windows 7 and intel core i3). I put it on the basic and lowest video and audio settings that work on windows vista computers, and still it has had no effect. Does anybody know what I can do to solve this problem? I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
1. CPU Clock Frequency 2.10 GHz
System memory 4 GB
CPU Intel Core i3-2310M Cpu 2.10 GHZ
64- bit operating system
Intel HD Graphics 3000

2. PCSX2 1.2.1

3. None

4. Using ISO's. I was trying to play Taz Wanted and Dark Cloud 2.
That system is pretty weak.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Still lets try to enhance the experience:

First of all: your cpu is quite weak for emulation.
Second: your gpu isn't better..
So you will always have slowdonws and will never use the upscaling function to a level as it is in the hd-remastered versions of ps2 games published for ps3.
If that is ok for you, we can work with that.

Speedhacks are normally strongly game dependent. You have more or less to test which combination is the best. This is just a small hint how to get the best combination.

1. Use an iso. Not the disk itself. Use the internal iso-loader (CDVD top menu entry). You don't need to use the plugin.

2. In gsdx plugin settings:
Set renderer to Dx10/11 (hardware)
Set resolution to native
Use default settings for the rest.

3. go in-game to a scene where lagging appears and the fps are more or less stable. (FPS can be seen in the title-bar in windowed mode). Read out and note if you can not remember fps, EE% and GS%

4. emulation settings (speedhacks):
activate all recommended speedhacks (tickboxes; dont increase the slide, don't use fast-cdvd, dont use mtvu for the moment).

5. redo 3. post results of first trial and second (with speedhacks).