2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT70N

PCSX2 Build:

v1.5.0-dev-3178-g7290576a2

PCSX2 Settings:
CDVD: ISO
GS: SSE4.1/AVX (OpenGL Hardware)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm launching the game with a windows shortcut that points to an iso and an ini folder profile.

The error happens with both CDVDnull/cdvdGigaherz and default/custom ini's.

I get the error:
CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.

[Image: 9VfY2UG.png]

Program Log:
Opening plugins...
CDVDiso Error: No filename specified.
Closing plugins...
(pxActionEvent) (LoadSinglePluginEvent) The configured GS plugin file was not found(LoadCorePlugins)
C:\Users\glytch\Games\PCSX2\plugins\Please Configure
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\glytch\PCSX2\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll' (error 126: the specified module could not be found.)
GS Plugin C:  Version 3 != 6

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortcut Properties:

Target:
"C:\Users\glytch\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe"
"C:\Users\glytch\Games\Final Fantasy XII\Final Fantasy XII.iso"
--cfgpath="C:\Users\glytch\Games\PCSX2\inis\Final Fantasy XII"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix:
Leaving all other setting the same, I found the error does not occur if the iso path is on an external hard drive with a different drive letter than C.

Target:
"C:\Users\glytch\Games\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe"
"D:\Games\Final Fantasy XII\Final Fantasy XII.iso"
--cfgpath="C:\Users\glytch\Games\PCSX2\inis\Final Fantasy XII"

However I want to run it off of internal C drive instead of external.

Sponsored links

The forum's editor keeps ruining my post's space formatting and every time I try to make an edit, it gets marked as spam.

[Image: 5TnqPKg.png]
I was able to solve the problem, for anyone else that might run into this.

My actual shortcut target path was much longer than the example I posted. The path was going over the character limit in the shortcut properties window and cutting off the parentheses at the end, making it invalid.

I renamed some folders to shorten the path so it would fit and the game launched properly.

The reason it was working on the external drive is because it had a different/shorter path than the one on my C:\ drive.
your laptop is pretty old assuming your HDD is consider old and he is still at FAT32 then....you are limited to character limit on filename on each file.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(07-11-2019, 01:24 AM)smartstrike Wrote: your laptop is pretty old assuming your HDD is consider old and he is still at FAT32 then....you are limited to character limit on filename on each file.

Hi, the HDD is a newer Samsung SSD formatted to NTFS and the external is a Western Digital NTFS from 2015.

However, it's not the file name character limit, it's the Shortcut Properties Target textbox is limited to 259 characters.

[Image: 2EonGU1.png]

I found another solution, instead of renaming files and folders, using notepad you can create a batch file to launch the game that can use longer paths.

Final Fantasy XII.bat

Code:
Echo Off
cd "C:\Users\glytch\Games\Emulators\PlayStation 2\PCSX2\"
pcsx2.exe "C:\Users\glytch\Games\PlayStation 2\Final Fantasy XII\Final Fantasy XII.iso"
--cfgpath="C:\Users\glytch\Games\Emulators\PlayStation 2\PCSX2\inis\Final Fantasy XII"
Echo On