Configurations for KH2: FM to run faster?
Hey, im currently trying to find some good configurations for kingdom hearts 2 final mix, some that will speed up my game, at first it was only going 2fps but now i searched around and found some tips like the speed hack, but its still not making it go an ideal speed. im getting like 40 fps at the title screen but when i start the game it goes right back to 10 fps, 5 GS, and 0 ui. I dont quite know what anny of that means. but if you could help me out with some configuration details or suggestions that would make this run better, I'd appreciate it. - Thanks.

Sponsored links

It's probably your low-end (and possibly old) system specs. It's kinda hard to see them from here...

"Give me a clock, and I'll tell you the time."
PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-02-2011, 01:43 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slowdowns?

The only thing i have changed in my pcx2 settings was the Speed up option, the rest i havent really messed with seeing how im not too familiar with what everything does, so yeah i have default for both. and Im getting about 90-95% EE, and 5-10% GS

These are my System Specs:
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
System Model HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
Processor AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
SMBIOS Version 2.4
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

There it is. That's an old processor, and it's slow. And I'm guessing your GPU may be a weak integrated one, as well (native resolution could help if that's the case).

Either way, the EE% is indicating the real problem is your CPU in this case. Use Speedhacks to help, but don't expect the best results from that CPU.
(06-02-2011, 02:26 AM)Rezard Wrote: There it is. That's an old processor, and it's slow. And I'm guessing your GPU may be a weak integrated one, as well (native resolution could help if that's the case).

Either way, the EE% is indicating the real problem is your CPU in this case. Use Speedhacks to help, but don't expect the best results from that CPU.

ahhh, okay. Alright, thanks for the help.