Configuring for FFX/XII
Hello, I watched a lot of videos on how to configure this emulator for X and XII but they always seems to stutter or something.

My Specs:
Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 3.2Ghz
4x1GB DDR2 800 RAM
750W PSU
Evga 680i SLI A1 Mobo
EVGA 2 x 8600GTS in SLI

Is it even possible for me to run 12 or 10 flawlessly with my setup?
I got 12 to run once somehow but it was glitching and lagging all over the place.

I forgot to mention that I'm on Windows XP x64 bit version. I have the latest DirectX 9.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

I imagine X and XII should run flawlessly with your rig, though it's dependent if PCSX2 uses SLI for XII probably.

Shouldn't have any issues with FFX, what version of the emulator do you have and what options?
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
(10-12-2009, 08:23 PM)ph34rme Wrote: I imagine X and XII should run flawlessly with your rig, though it's dependent if PCSX2 uses SLI for XII probably.

Shouldn't have any issues with FFX, what version of the emulator do you have and what options?
I used the latest stable release from the website and I had these settings ( this isn't my screenshot ) :
[Image: 58033-E5BV8FD.jpg]
I just installed the r1888 release and trying to set it up now.
What do you mean it stutters? You can use the SSE4 plugin.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-12-2009, 08:36 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: What do you mean it stutters? You can use the SSE4 plugin.

My processor doesn't support SSE4. I don't think.
I meant it lags at certain points and throws graphical glitches.

EDIT:
Ok, this is what I have right now. I ran Final Fantasy X and it seemed smooth BUT I couldn't press anything. My Pad 1 is completely empty and I can't seem to edit the controls, any idea what the problem is?
Here's a screenshot of my setup:
[Image: 59011-QFTIWB4.png]
You have to click the buttons on the right on tha Pad1 tab to configure your controls, you need to configure all (well maybe not the mouse and analog buttons) but including the analog sticks and digital pad as some games need all.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
If you've downloaded r1888, make sure you use the latest GSDX plugin and try toggling the different speedhacks. Also, drop down to 1.5x cycle rate, the 2x could be causing some glitching (it's usually compatible, but I've noticed it actually makes a few games glitch/run slower).

Also, there's a few new hacks in the public beta you can try to help with performance.

Lastly, explain clearly what you mean by stutters. If you're referring to the screen shaking, try a different interlacing mode. If you literally mean a stuttering framerate, again, speedhacks will help, and I'd recommend turning on the frame limiter to make sure that it doesn't spike between too fast and too slow (better to run at normal with occasional slowdown than to jump all over the place).

EDIT - Nevermind, sounds like you're well on your way. Just need to configure your controller. Smile
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
Ok, thanks a lot. FF 10 seems to be running smoothly at a constant 60fps. Smile
Going to try 12 later.
I heard some people saying r1888 crashes for them after a couple minutes.
If you still lag at some places in FFXII, you can drop your internal resolution, or check Native. That should help if your being limited by your graphics card (CPU usage on the title bar exceeding 90%).
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Final fantasy 10 is running flawlessly.
Final fantasy 12 runs good when fighting, etc but it's very slow and laggy in party window/map/anything with large menus.
Also, controls for 12 are horrible. I can't set up the controls so they're comfortable. Probably going to borrown PS3 controller from friend.