Console query
Sad 
How do i connect a Ps2 game controller to my pc?(Is it possible to use Ps1 controller instead of Ps2 controller?)

Sponsored links

To use an actual PS2 controller, you'd need a converter of some sort to plug it in via USB or do some cord-cutting and re-wiring maybe. I'm not entirely sure, but there could be no other way I could think of.

As far as using a PS1 controller, the only real difference is the pressure sensative buttons. You can use controllers without pressure sensativity with games that utilize it (unlike any PS2 game on the console, if I remember right).
Can you tell me what kind of socket to connect to the controller?
ThanksBiggrin
(03-27-2010, 12:06 PM)Rezard Wrote: As far as using a PS1 controller, the only real difference is the pressure sensative buttons. You can use controllers without pressure sensativity with games that utilize it (unlike any PS2 game on the console, if I remember right).

Rezard: Actually, you won't get pressure sensitivity (You spelled that wrong, twice, btw, for future reference) with a PS2 controller. DirectInput doesn't really support pressure sensitive buttons, so for compatibility reasons, the converter or its drivers will treat them as standard up-or-down buttons.

Only way to get full pressure sensitivity currently is to use libusb and LilyPad with a PS3 controller. You can also use an Xbox 360 controller and a plugin with XInput support (XPad/LilyPad)to get limited pressure sensitivit support for the two "trigger" buttons only.
This is what I use to play PS2 game on my PC whith a PS1 controller:

[Image: speedlink-420-90.jpg]

Ps2 controllers are also supported.
What is that thing called?
"SPEED-LINK DUAL SHOCK ADAPTER" is the name, but I guess there must be many others that do the same function, I bought it in carrefour (Spain :/) but I donĀ“t know of it still avaliable...
Wink 
Thanks for the information. BTW those things are available in indian markets also.
I suggest to use this.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming...7&cl=us,en
hi PRASHANTH
It is very much helpful for me, and also for others,
Thanks for sharing PRASHANTH
keep it up dear

tiffany jewelry store
tiffany jewelry store
tiffany jewelry store
tiffany jewellery store