Constant FrameDrops
Laptop Model: Asus ROG GU501GM

Specs:
Processor: Intel i7-8750H
Ram: 16gb
Graphics adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (Laptop)

PCSX2 Version: Latest Version Available

Games Tested/Issues with : Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2, Def Jam Fight for New York, Street Fighter EX3

Problems: Since ive been trying to get Def Jam FFNY to work the most ill be discussing mostly that game, however it affects the other games as well. i have tried to play Def Jam FFNY via different Resolutions (Specifically at native, 2x and 3x) and no matter what i see my EE on the top box climb to 98%-100% causing the game to have a sudden drop in frames from 60 fps to 30fps-40fps, then suddenly back to 60 FPS only to repeat itself ever 4 minutes or so. i tried messing with the EE Cyclerate and skipping, and while i got the EE dispayed on the window box to drop to 80% at the most it still causes the game to have sudden frame drops during play. i used CoreTemp to monitor my CPU temp during play and the Max it ever reached was a 62C. i honestly dont know how to figure this out. also my pc is set to max performance and to my knowledge ive updated all drivers.

Sponsored links

You have almost the same specs as me. Have you checked GeForce Experience and turned off Battery Mode? Also, since you're using a laptop like me, it's better to run the emulator when it's plugged in. The speed can be capped in battery.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(03-18-2019, 02:37 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: You have almost the same specs as me. Have you checked GeForce Experience and turned off Battery Mode? Also, since you're using a laptop like me, it's better to run the emulator when it's plugged in. The speed can be capped in battery.

i had it on actually, will test again right now.

also i noticed this too, without the pc plugged in it always capped the emulator at 30 fps. with it plugged in it runs at 60

Edit: While the menus do stutter still, during the gameplay it works great. thanks so much