Constant Lag Spikes on Sly 3: Honor among Theives
I constantly keep getting lag spikes during gaming not only on sly 3 but on a few other games like ssx tricky or Kingdom hearts 2 FM+(disc)

Here are my specs:

AMD FX™-8150 Eight-Core Processor
8.2 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Pixel Shader version 5.0
Vertex Shader version 5.0
Dedicated Video RAM 3.1 GB

I grabbed these off of system requirements lab

Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Cpu: AMD FX™-8150 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 8.2 GB RAM
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Gpu: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

I'm using Pcsx2 1.0.0(r5350)

Using only default settings

Games trying to play:
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves(playable but has constant lag spikes)ISO
SSX Tricky(playable has less lag spikes, mainly on start up)ISO
Kingdom Hearts 2:Final Mix +(playable has small amount of lag spikes)DVD
Dunno how that gpu performs...
Bu i can tell you that cpu will have performance problems, especially
In demandingames like sly series
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
amd cards dont like sly series, i have noticed that a while ago when i had a ati4890 and couldnt get sly (all 3 of them) to run decently and when i got a 9800gt i got full speed all the time.

seems you are stuck on this one im afraid.
hmm i see are there any other games that might have this problem with the amd card conflict?
And on that note, is there a way to make it have less lag? maybe a program to help?
(10-07-2012, 04:47 PM)anatolii Wrote: hmm i see are there any other games that might have this problem with the amd card conflict?
And on that note, is there a way to make it have less lag? maybe a program to help?

an other game i could think of is dragonquest 8 (havent played alot with an amd card back then and my games roster was alot smaller then it is now Tongue)

and as far as i know there isnt a program that helps the ati/amd cards of this problem. in general pcsx2 like nvidea cards more then ati/amd cards.
(10-07-2012, 05:35 PM)warWeeny Wrote: an other game i could think of is dragonquest 8 (havent played alot with an amd card back then and my games roster was alot smaller then it is now Tongue)

and as far as i know there isnt a program that helps the ati/amd cards of this problem. in general pcsx2 like nvidea cards more then ati/amd cards.

i see thanks for the heads up, if i have enough money ill get a nvidia card, but for now ill just use my amd to play kh2 fm and ssx tricky there seems to be less lag when i use the SSE41 than the AVX