Continuation of Thread of PCSX2 Randomly Crashes
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-sti...#pid479989

I got a little out of hand back there but i was still looking for support, i was not looking for anyone to randomly uselessly flame. I also think that some of the responses were a bit unnecessary like my own as i was not the only one in the wrong.

Back to the topic at hand: The asus website Said my computer came with automatic overclocking for both GPU and CPU at one point they changed it to ASUS TurboMaster technology and never put intel turbo boost. In any case I can't turn either off as far as i know. Tonight i'll be leaving pcsx2 open all night with a game running using xaudio. If and when it crashes i will post the log here.
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHz (Overclock 3.7GHz)
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM

Sponsored links

I think the typical xaudio crash is not logged in the emulog. It is probably some memory or stackoverflow that terminates the app ungracefully.
(09-12-2015, 10:40 PM)willkuer Wrote: I think the typical xaudio crash is not logged in the emulog. It is probably some memory or stackoverflow that terminates the app ungracefully.

hmm you have a point. Is there some sort of crash dump for pcsx2 when it does get terminated ungracefully?
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHz (Overclock 3.7GHz)
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM
I think if there would be some error message the error might be easily debuggable and solvable. To my knowledge there is no simple exception handling in c++ where you can just catch all errors and display the stack trace and meaningful error messages to solve the problem.
As this error seems to be system dependent itis especially hard to debug. Possibly it lies not even within pcsx2 but in one of its dependencies.
Fortunately pcsx2 offers a solution to the problem as you can always use portaudio or dsound.