Continuous hanging in-game?
Hi, I'm very new to this thread so please bare with me if I don't quite understand some things.

I recently started playing The Sims 2 (PAL) on my PCSX2 v.1.0.0.
When I start the actual game up it comes up with the title screen all good and continues onto the main menu. I load up my Sims all fine and then when I actually start playing the game it begins to hang - buffer - freeze whatever you want to call it.

The thing is, this only happens for about 1-2 seconds and then it starts running smoothly again but maybe two or three seconds later it happens again, so it is constant and annoying me.

The screenshots show my GSDX settings, my speedhacks, and my core GS settings.

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

What are your system specs, what hardware hacks are you using, and are you running off the disc or iso?

Also, what does your emu log say when the freezes happen?
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(04-21-2013, 02:39 AM)Dante3hs Wrote: What are your system specs, what hardware hacks are you using, and are you running off the disc or iso?

Also, what does your emu log say when the freezes happen?

Hi, system specs are:
Operating System - Windows 8 Enterprise 64-Bit (6.2, Build 9200)
Processor - Intel ® Core™ i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUS) ~ 2.4GHz
Memory - 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version - DirectX 11

Currently I have WildArmsOffset on in the HW hacks. I am also running off an iso.

Sorry I forgot to mention that my emulog seems to be running normally when the short freezes happen.
Graphics card as well?
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS
Just one question....with those specs you can easily run the pc version with expansion sets. Why go for the Ps2 version? Just a thought Smile
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Possibly because sims 2 on ps2 plays alot different to its PC counterpart. Or he plain doesnt have it for pc.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(04-21-2013, 11:34 AM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: Just one question....with those specs you can easily run the pc version with expansion sets. Why go for the Ps2 version? Just a thought Smile

when you own a game, why would you buy it twice ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-21-2013, 11:34 AM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: Just one question....with those specs you can easily run the pc version with expansion sets. Why go for the Ps2 version? Just a thought Smile

The Playstation 2 version of The Sims 2 is very different to the PC game. I had played the PS2 version a long time ago and I primarily wanted to bring back the memories.

It's quite hard to do so with this stuttering, anyone have any ideas yet?
have you tried a recent SVN build to see if the problem has gone away in recent builds?

IF it's hanging for 1-2 seconds, it could be alsorts. It could be if your harddrive is set to power save really quickly, it will hang as it spins up, or something else in the background is causing it to freeze up, or it could be an emulation issue. It's really hard to pinpoint. What happens in the windows Task Manager at the points where it hangs?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]