Controller Drift Issue.
So, I'm having problems with my controller, it seems. I boot up the game just fine, but it holds up constantly and trying to find fixes here and there, I've found that messing with the dead zone doesn't work for the left analog stick. I've seen forum after forum with people asking the same questions, and either having a fix that doesn't work for my problem or no fix whatsoever. I have PCSX 1.6.0.

Sponsored links

When you say 'controller drift', are you referring to analog stick drift? If so, unfortunately controllers from just about any brand and console have this issue these days which is unfathomably stupid. I just had to ship my DS4 v2 that I purchased in March this year to Sony to get it repaired for this very problem. Got my pad back last week and it's been fine thankfully but I expect even this repaired pad will get the issue again at some point. PS5's Dual Sense can get it, the Xbox Series Whatever pads get it, Nintendo's crappy joycons have been notorious for it, etc

I tried using deadzone settings in various emus but it doesn't solve the problem because if you monitor your controller's inputs with visual representation of the axis movements, you'll see how violently and suddenly the inputs will be registered, and they will often show inputs going far beyond the deadzone threshold which, if the user tried to counteract with a greater deadzone, would render games unplayable.

Do you experience this issue in other native Windows games or games on a native console? If you don't experience it in anything else and it only happens in PCSX2, that would be very bizarre.
(11-27-2021, 12:19 AM)NarooN Wrote: When you say 'controller drift', are you referring to analog stick drift? If so, unfortunately controllers from just about any brand and console have this issue these days which is unfathomably stupid. I just had to ship my DS4 v2 that I purchased in March this year to Sony to get it repaired for this very problem. Got my pad back last week and it's been fine thankfully but I expect even this repaired pad will get the issue again at some point. PS5's Dual Sense can get it, the Xbox Series Whatever pads get it, Nintendo's crappy joycons have been notorious for it, etc

I tried using deadzone settings in various emus but it doesn't solve the problem because if you monitor your controller's inputs with visual representation of the axis movements, you'll see how violently and suddenly the inputs will be registered, and they will often show inputs going far beyond the deadzone threshold which, if the user tried to counteract with a greater deadzone, would render games unplayable.

Do you experience this issue in other native Windows games or games on a native console? If you don't experience it in anything else and it only happens in PCSX2, that would be very bizarre.

Well, funnily enough, yes. I ONLY have this problem with PCSX, I've played with my controller normally on my PS4 and it never drifts, I play with my Dolphin emulator and it works perfectly fine, no deadzone fixes or anything. So it HAD to be PCSX. I have no clue what to do, no amount of clearing our all the lilypad buttons and remapping them has fixed it.