Controller config: Input getting mixed up (SOLVED!)
Hi

I bought a new PC and have been trying to configure a 3rd party controller, which worked just fine in PCSX2 on my old PC, to no avail. For some reason, when I press the D-pad or move the left analog stick in controller configuration, it registers as Y-axis. And when I move the right analog stick, it registers as the face buttons. Like so:

Device / PC Control / PS2 Control
DX Generic USB Joystick / Y-axis - / D-Pad Up
DX Generic USB Joystick / Y-axis - / L-Stick Up
DX Generic USB Joystick / Button 0 / R-Stick Up

Whereas on my old PC, it registers like so:

Device / PC Control / PS2 Control
DX Generic USB Joystick / POV 0 N / D-Pad Up
DX Generic USB Joystick / Axis 1 - / L-Stick Up
DX Generic USB Joystick / Axis 5 - / R-Stick Up

What's going on? Why are the registered inputs all wrong?

Note in the screenshots below that I'm using the Danish version. "Akse" means "axis". "Knap" means "button".

Update: My 3rd party controller had a "mode" button, which needed to be pressed. It works fine now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try disabling direct input and only using xinput (or the other way around) I suspect your old computer and your new computer are windows 10 vs windows 7 or something or at least the drivers for the gamepad updated. I would also advise trying dev version to see if it will register inputs better since controller database does get updated regularly.
Hard to tell what's going on when I only see half the buttons keybinded.
(02-07-2022, 07:08 PM)MrWizard Wrote: Try disabling direct input and only using xinput (or the other way around) I suspect your old computer and your new computer are windows 10 vs windows 7 or something or at least the drivers for the gamepad updated. I would also advise trying dev version to see if it will register inputs better since controller database does get updated regularly.

No, they're both Windows 10. But I figured it out. My 3rd party controller had a "mode" button, which needed to be pressed. It works fine now. Thank you for trying though. Smile
(02-07-2022, 07:10 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: Hard to tell what's going on when I only see half the buttons keybinded.

Because trying to map the D-pad and the left stick, or the right stick and the face buttons, they would overwrite eachother. Hence my issue. Anyway, I figured it out. My 3rd party controller had a "mode" button, which needed to be pressed. It works fine now.