Controller input delay
I absolutely love that this emulator is running whatever PS2 game I throw at it at full speed, but I have this issue where no matter which game I play, button inputs are are processed with some sort of delay. It's not too big of a deal for RPGs, but for games like Ys it can easily become an issue, since timing and well-placed button presses are important in such a game.

I haven't really found anything that sounded definitive as to what the issue with my configuration is. I've tried messing with the vsync, but I'm simply not sure what I should be looking for in terms of a solution.

If system specs help at all, some specs to my system are as follows:
Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.4GHz,
Nvidia GTX 260,
8GB RAM.

If it's just a caveat with the emulator, then that's fine and dandy, but otherwise it'd be awesome to hear if anyone else experiences this issue, or better yet, has solved it.

Sponsored links

I haven't experienced any delay myself, so I don't think it's the emulator. What controller are you using?
I primarily use a Dualshock 3 via Motioninjoy. I've looked around, and I've seen like, two people have this same issue or so. It isn't a huge delay, but it's certainly enough to mess with me.

As far as what I experience it on, it doesn't matter what controller I use, of whether I use the keyboard. It shouldn't be my controller if it doesn't lag in anything else that I use it for.
Are you getting full speed with your game? I also highly recommend you dump motionjoy and use this nice tool: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...#pid276511
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I'm getting a solid 60fps with games, and even when I use the keyboard or another controller that doesn't use Motioninjoy the delay still exists. Unless you're saying that the motionjoy driver itself interferes with the input reading of the emulator as a whole, no matter the input device used? Mellow
(01-13-2013, 11:28 AM)SirAileron Wrote: I'm getting a solid 60fps with games, and even when I use the keyboard or another controller that doesn't use Motioninjoy the delay still exists. Unless you're saying that the motionjoy driver itself interferes with the input reading of the emulator as a whole, no matter the input device used? Mellow

Test it on Windows.

"Devices and Printers". right click "Controller Settings" and "Properties"

That's not something that can't be positively stated but there is a chance of Motionjoy be influencing all USB HID devices on the machine.

PS: Hey Bositman, there isn't the "Most original PCSX2 bug" Award? Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
I've seen stranger bugs Tongue
Yup, definitely checks out in the controller settings. That being said, what led me to believe it was some mystical setting I hadn't found yet was due to nothing else giving me this issue.

That would include emulators, fan games made in GameMaker, Games For Windows Live, and any Steam game that plays nicely with a controller. I figure I could also note that I'd disabled frame limiting, and the same delay (in terms of seconds, and not frames) was still present. The delay being something around 0.2 seconds from what I've noticed and timed. :x

I've got a friend or two that recently got PCSX2 up and running, so I may as well see whether or not I still sense that issue on his machine. It's certainly fine for RPGs at this rate, since the emulation is positively fantastic, so there's that.
So have you tried the program I suggested above? Even if it doesn't work you will get rid of motionjoy so it's a plus either way Tongue