Controller issues in fighting games.
I recently installed pcsx2 on my pc. So far Virtua Fighter 4, VF4 Evolution, and MK: DA has button issues. On VF4 only the R2 button will work. When I change to a different control scheme, the character does not move. In Evolution, I can play normally but I would have to hold down the R2 button the whole time to let down my guard as my character guards at default. This is the same issue in Mortal Kombat. Anyone know what is causing this? I am using an Xbox one controller wirelessly to the xbox controller dongle on my pc.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-10-2018, 09:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

I have an i7 875k running at 3.53Ghz, EVGA 1060 3gb, 12gb of ram, Windows 7 Ultimate. 
Pcsx2 1.4.0
Only settings I changed is the Frame skipping set at 4 frames to draw, 1 frames to skip.

So far I've played Tekken Tag, Tekken 4, Virtua Fighter 4 and Evolution, and Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. On both Tekkens, the controller works fine althought some slow down during the mid stages in tekken tag. In Virtua Fighter and Mortal Kombat, I can navigate menus normally. Buttons seem to work there. Once I start Arcade mode on both of these games however, I can't choose characters normally. I usually have to press down R2 or RT on my xbox controller and its selects the character. Upon the first stage start, my fighter is in block stance. In Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, I press down the RT/R2 then my character drops guard and I can play with normal. In mortal kombat, my character just guards and I can only move the character. I do not know what is going on, I've restarted pc etc, took out my wireless dongle and reconnected it, still nothing. I don't know if others are having this issue?
can you please show your lilypad settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-10-2018, 11:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please show your lilypad settings ?

I finally figured it out. After a little trial and error, my lilypad settings were already configured. What I didn't notice is that some of the inputs were somehow added twice which caused conflict with the inputs. I cleared all inputs and configured everything anew. I do not know if there was a sensitivity issue but whenever I pressed a button for a certain input, it would not register or it would double the input. I noticed I was getting further in solving this as I was playing Mortal Kombat and my character was now moving. I had to be precise and now I can play Virtua Fighter and Mortal Kombat normally. Thank you for the help as it gave me an idea on what to do!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)