Controller not detected in game
Hi, 

I am using a PS3 controller, connected to PC via Bluetooth via Dshidmini, device mode set to xinput. 

The controller is fully detected and functional in Steam and in PCSX2 1.6.  In 1.6 I can launch SSX Tricky and play.  However, in PCSX2 1.7.56 a xinput controller is detected in the controller configuration screen, but in SSX Tricky no controller input is detected.  I can't do anything in game.

I've tried running it in windowed and full screen mode.  I've also tried switching the device mode in Dshidmini to SDF.  No difference.  

Keyboard inputs are detected.

I'm launching SSX Tricky with stock settings in both 1.6 and 1.7.56. 

Specs:

Intel i7-9750h
16GB Ram
Nvidia 1650 mobile 
Windows 11 pro, full patched with 2023 H2 update
551.76 nvidia drivers

any suggestions?

Sponsored links

1.6 is very forgiving for handling different types of controllers, with 1.7 being much more accurate about USB implementations. So while just because something works in 1.6 doesn't mean that exact same setup in 1.7 will work.

Did you map controller inputs in pcsx2? Does the UI allow you to remap the buttons?
Does the controller work if you boot to just ps2 bios?
What do you have selected under controller global sellings in configuration? Have you tried playing around with other protocols in Dshidmini? SDF is bad btw, don't use it. See linked video: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Random-Dualshock-Inputs
(03-07-2024, 07:06 PM)MrWizard Wrote: 1.6 is very forgiving for handling different types of controllers, with 1.7 being much more accurate about USB implementations. So while just because something works in 1.6 doesn't mean that exact same setup in 1.7 will work.

Did you map controller inputs in pcsx2? Does the UI allow you to remap the buttons?
Does the controller work if you boot to just ps2 bios?
What do you have selected under controller global sellings in configuration? Have you tried playing around with other protocols in Dshidmini? SDF is bad btw, don't use it. See linked video: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Random-Dualshock-Inputs

Thanks for replying.  Got me digging into the controller mapping settings.  Didn't realize I could change the mappings from automatic to a manual selection.  When I manually set it to xinput everything worked perfectly.

Thank you!