Controller not working correctly
First off I'm using a Bluetooth/USB Gamepad, Lillypad doesn't (and won't) work as it sees L3, R3, Cross, Circle, Triangle, Square, Start and Select as the same button. Pokopom won't work because it is XInput and my controller is DX. SSSPSX 1.7.1 Analog mod works somewhat.  It lets me map out all the buttons but requires me to hold down R2 or it won't register button presses.  How can I get a working Direct X gamepad plugin?  Should I just use Joy2Key?
It's a TNP gamepad, PS2 style button layout.
Not having any issues with it in other games/emulators.
In Lillypad if I disable XInput it only lets me config the R and L Thumb controls and one button, it sees everything else as a single button.
With Joy2Key installed and running I can map the buttons to keyboard and let Lillypad read keyboard input, that works for now, but it's a definite plugin issue!

Sponsored links

what's the model of the gamepad? that's kind of necessary information, and tbh that doesn't sound like an issue exclusively relating to the input plugins. have you tried disabling xinput in lilypad?
is your controller working fine in other games/emulators?
Doesn't seem to be any useful response on this issue ?
we lack informations from your side.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What info, controller model and issue is listed. Everything is newest version. I'm on Windows 10 and there are no issues with other apps, games or emulators.
Oh I see. You edited your OP instead of replying.
That's why no one saw the info you added. Next time, reply instead.

Can you please screenshot your lilypad settings (all tabs)
Not sure what good that will do as it is currently configured to use keyboard input provided by JoyToKey.
Also, I'm not sure how to post a picture from my phone, but I did take screenshots earlier.
Under General tab
Input APIs
Keyboard API
Windows Messaging is selected.
Game Device APIs
Direct Input and
Monitor when in background are selected.
Mouse API
Disabled
Start without mouse focus
Pads
Nothing Selected
Device Diagnostics
WM Keyboard
DX Cordless Keyboard
DX Cordless Keyboard
DX USB Receiver
DX USB Receiver
Hacks and Advanced Features
Nothing Selected

Pad 1 Tab
WSDX keyboard configured for use with JoyToKey

Pad 2 Tab
Nothing Configured
If I change Game Device APIs to include XInput then my controller shows up under Device Diagnostics and it adds XInput for Right and Left thumbs and the Start button, that's it. Nothing for Select, R1-3, L1-3, X, O, etc...
I would like to figure out a way to make it work so the L2, R2 are Pressure Sensitive and not Digital (on/off).
(09-10-2020, 06:53 PM)Kogije Wrote: Not sure what good that will do as it is currently configured to use keyboard input provided by JoyToKey.
Hm, sure.
but if you do so after trying to configure your gamepad directly ?
Quote:Also, I'm not sure how to post a picture from my phone, but I did take screenshots earlier.
er... you aren't in front of your PC ?
if so, why would you take screenshots with your phone instead of using windows builtin screenshot function ?
It's like I said, when I config it for direct XInput then I am missing buttons and have no way to add them.
The screenshots were taken on the PC and cropped to the config window (no sense in blowing up the image size with a few extra Meg's of useless data.) Still not sure how to post images from phone as my GF is on the PC.