Controller set up?

First photo had a wireless keyboard so this is really what it looks like.

Sponsored links

(12-11-2012, 12:31 AM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: Heres a pic of my controller setup any ideas of what im doing wrong?

Despite the lack of L3, R1, R2 and R3, that Pad1 configuration is correct, should be working as intended. Yet it's lacking controls which many games use. Why aren't those buttons configured, do they miss in the gamepad?

Based on the Pad1 screenshot you should not have issues with the right stick unless it does not work as expected in Windows also.

Actually the buttons configuration in that gamepad is identical to mine, it should have the R buttons. The L3 and R3 are activated pressing down the sticks themselves.
Imagination is where we are truly real
My controller doesn't have L3 or R3 only two on each side. I must have forgotten to map the other button. The controller I'm using is called a tomee ps3 wireless controller. Could it be the controllers themselves giving me this issue? What's the best controller to use? Thanks again for all your help.
(12-11-2012, 12:56 AM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: My controller doesn't have L3 or R3 only two on each side. I must have forgotten to map the other button. The controller I'm using is called a tomee ps3 wireless controller. Could it be the controllers themselves giving me this issue? What's the best controller to use? Thanks again for all your help.

I can't say for sure, try removing the second pad USB receiver while testing. Return with it only after getting one the pads working as intended, this way you have more control of what is going on.

But yes, you should configure all buttons also, as said in the previous post, the sticks can be pressed down (I mean, vertically down) to activate the L3 and R3 respectively.
Ok I understand about L3 and R3
(12-11-2012, 01:05 AM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: Ok I understand about L3 and R3

Good luck them, I hope everything to work right now. Just to be on the sure side, you should do the gamepad initialization again (with only one attached at a time). On mine it's done pressing Select + L3 for a few seconds till the leds stop blinking. This should grant one pad is not interfering with the other.
Problem solved! Thanks for the help. I put player 2 controller as 1 player worked perfect so I tried 1 player and still had problems, took batteries out for a few seconds works perfect now. Thanks for the help it was getting really frustrating hitting triangle and having my guy start running in circles lol. Thanks again.
(12-11-2012, 01:21 AM)Mrmikey73 Wrote: Problem solved! Thanks for the help. I put player 2 controller as 1 player worked perfect so I tried 1 player and still had problems, took batteries out for a few seconds works perfect now. Thanks for the help it was getting really frustrating hitting triangle and having my guy start running in circles lol. Thanks again.

You're welcome, these things are what make a guy to get white hair sooner Smile

PS: that's an old trick, whenever you have two potentially conflicting devices and one issue... try removing one of them and once getting the issue gone, reintroduce the second device making sure the issue does not come back.