Controller stops responding
While playing games, my controller will randomly stop responding. To get the controller to work again, I have to open "Config > Controllers > SSSpsx pad pressure mod 1.7.1".

Once I open and close that box, the controller begins to work again for anywhere from 30 seconds to half an hour. Then, I have to do it again.

According to the calibrations window, my controller is working just fine, the emulator just doesn't seem to respond to any input.

I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7.3113.

This problem only started recently. I've clocked almost 40 hours on persona 3 and this has just started yesterday.

I've searched the forum but can't seem to find anyone with this problem.
Gamepad is a Logitech Dual Action. If you need any more info, ask me, and I'll get it.

Sponsored links

Does this problem only happens on PCSX2?? Try another controller plugin (Lilypad) and see if problem persists. Smile
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
(06-23-2010, 11:48 PM)pedrosilvaa Wrote: Does this problem only happens on PCSX2?? Try another controller plugin (Lilypad) and see if problem persists. Smile

Yeah, it only happens on PCSX2. I've used this controller for years with no problems. Furthermore, I just tried another game and had no problems. Which means... the problem now seems to be isolated to Persona 3 FES.

I haven't used lilypad, because I can't figure out how to configure it (the button is grayed out).
What do you mean it's greyed out? If it is in the plugins/bios selector you need to apply changes first, maybe restart the emu after that too.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-24-2010, 12:38 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: What do you mean it's greyed out? If it is in the plugins/bios selector you need to apply changes first, maybe restart the emu after that too.

Yeah, that fixed it. Let me try setting my controls and I'll come back with an update

edit: So far it looks like the new plug-in works.
Thanks for the help!
Negative: problem is NOT fixed.

I had been playing other games for a while, and now Persona 3: FES is doing it again. controller quits responding, starts up again after a few seconds.
According to the console, nothing is wrong (no message about a plug-in crashing). Not sure where to go from here. Blink
Sounds like a hardware problem (your pad), maybe it is losing reception if it is wireless
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I have the same gamepad(Logitech Dual Action)and I have problems with the analogs.If I even touch them,there is a high possibility that the controller will stop responding(the pad is old...it's some kind of problem with the variable resistors).If it's not a problem for you,go to Control Panel=>Game Controllers=>Properties on the pad=>Settings=>Swap D-Pad and Left Mini Joystick and reconfigure LilyPad to use the D-Pad as analog.

Then start playing with only the D-Pad(don't touch the analogs)and see if that problem appear again.

PS.If you don't have the "Swap D-Pad and Left Mini Joystick",then that means that you don't have the gamepad software installed(it's not recommended to be installed but it adds cool features)
also might want to try setting the analog button to somethng and using it if it stops working (fixes a few errors in my game collection)
I'm sure its not the controller, as I only have this problem with persona 3. Even my other PS2 ISOs run just fine.

Beyond that, I have no idea.