Controller...which one will work and mappable?
So I was going to buy a controller for my PC and thought that it would be nice if it worked in PS2 games too. I was thinking of buying a 360 controller. Would it be workable on emulated PS2 games? Would I be able to map the buttons as I would wish? And if I buy some other decent enough controller, lets say Logitech, will it be supported and mappable?

I know I might being stupid but I'm sorry I've never used a controller on PC, let alone on emulated games. A little help would be nice.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

I have Logitech Dual Action and it's working perfectly fine with any of the pcsx2 controller plugins(even if it wasn't,the controller comes with software that let you literally control everything that it is possible to be controlled by keyboard or mouse)
any controller is ok. pcsx2 (lilypad actually) will use all functionality of any controller
I've got this old one from my PSX
[Image: Playstation_Controller.jpg]
connected via LPT (yes, this port still exists)
and [Image: VIBRA-PC-GAMEPAD-GP028-USB,30089_1.jpg] (works perfectly with vibro, thanks to chickenliver)

1 vs 1 in Soul Calibur II on PC is sooo cool )
i use a logitech wireless controller that was meant for the ps3, but also works very well on the pc

my friend uses a ps2 controller which is connected using this adapter i bought for 2$ on amazon.com (it lets you put in a ps1 or ps2 controller)

this is the one i use

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as..._-79212010

it has a 3 star rating but everyone is complaining that it doesn't have rumble/sixaxis, but that obviously means nothing if you use it for the computer
(03-09-2009, 09:38 PM)kalmari92 Wrote: it has a 3 star rating but everyone is complaining that it doesn't have rumble/sixaxis, but that obviously means nothing if you use it for the computer

Whoa! This one is stretched!
Anyway its offtop.

kitto, BUY X-BOX360 controller. Its easier to setup it in pcsx2 and its most compatible with all new game ports from X-BOX 360. (and it costs 3 times more than mine)
Well, you can map anything to the xbox controller buttons using lilypad. I don't know about rumble tho.

However with Xpad (which I believe is written solely for the xbox 360 controller) u don't actually get to map any buttons...it already maps them automatically with a psuedo 1-1 mapping of the PS2 control.
Intel Core i7 @ 2.66 Ghz ~ 6 GB DDR3 Tri-Channel ~ 512 MB Radeon 4850 ~ 500 Gb HDD/160 GB HDD/80 GB HDD ~ 24" LCD
Yeah rumble on an Xbox 360 controller with lilypad works perfectly Smile Although i HATE the crappy D-pad it has Wacko
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The X-Box 360 controllers are waaayy overpriced and not even that good. Go with a Logitech pad.
(03-09-2009, 11:43 PM)ca36gtp Wrote: The X-Box 360 controllers are waaayy overpriced and not even that good. Go with a Logitech pad.
yea i second that (even though i'm using a "Philips Wireless PC Controller" Tongue), also i believe this thread is supposed to go in Offtopic. Mellow
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
all i did was cut the end off my xbox1 gamepad and rewired a usb plug onto it and use it for my pc =]