Controls not responding and messed guis
there is not much speed difference between the two.
I'll insist more on the outdated requirements.

For a demanding game like GT3, a good quad core with an STR around 1500-1600 should be good.
Sorry, but your current rig is far from this (2 cores, STR around 1200)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(08-29-2015, 11:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: there is not much speed difference between the two.
I'll insist more on the outdated requirements.

For a demanding game like GT3, a good quad core with an STR around 1500-1600 should be good.
Sorry, but your current rig is far from this (2 cores, STR around 1200)

This link http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/PCSX2 says
Quote:This is because PCSX2 currently uses only two cores
. If that is not updated, should be removed as soon as possible. Anyway 1500-1600 is an increase of 25-33%, not anywhere enough given that current frame rate is varying between 6-10 . With 30% higher clock frequency and another 30% of performance increase by being quad core, I would get a 90% increase, to somewhere around 11-19 frames by second. Which means the ipc of newer Intel cpus would need to be from 1.60  to 2.70 higher than a Core 2 Duo to get about 30fps. So there may be something more than just the cpu in the performance that I am currently getting.
ZZOgl is very outdated and not maintained. GSdx is the only GS plugin to be used, and it also supports OpenGL.

Both your CPU and GPU are rather old and would probably not be enough to run GT* games at good speeds on either windows or linux (but your CPU could be OK-ish for other games).

The GPU is especially weak though, on windows with D3D too, and on linux it's probably unsupported by GSdx due to the said minimum requirements of OpenGL v3.3, even for software rendering mode.

Overall, this system is not fast enough for this game in general, and on linux the GPU is not supported.
The core of pcsx2 can only reliably use two threads. Using a possibly gamebreaking speedhack one can add another thread.

I think neither on windows nor on Linux your gpu would be compatible to gsdx. Maybe some ancient windows gsdx version will work. A different gs plugin with lower requirements is zerogs (windows) or its port zzogl (Linux). I guess nobody worked on zerogs for at least five years. I guess there was no relevant work on zzogl for at least two years.

Zerogs and zzogl are both outdated and create graphics garbage as you observe. Sometimes they might create something hardly playable but that's not the case for GT.