Controls not responding and messed guis
Hello, after installing PCSX2, I executed it for the first time, which lead to the plugin configuration screen. I gave a look in some of them but forget to look at the control plugin. After that I put a game to run. Soon I realized that I didn't configure the keyboard keys and then proceeded into a random key pressing to see if the game would leave it's initial video. I finally were able to enter the game's main screen but the letters from the options were all fuzzy, hard to read. Anyway I decided to run pcsx2 with the --forcewiz so to configure the controls. I did it, but now there is no response when I press one of the keys that I selected. I did the keyboard key configuration again through, but nothing changed.
I read the the OnePAD.ini file and all the lines of this form [0][0], [0][1] ............ are equal 0x0. But every time I run the --forcewiz option and send PCSX2 to import existing configurations, all my key selections are showed. If I tell PCSX2 to overwirte, my configuration keep showing up and so the problem persists.  

So this is the first and bigger problem, no response to any of the selected keyboard keys.

The second it is the fuzzy letters in the game's menu. Most are just blur, a few are legible.

The third is the nonexistence of the options in PCSX2 window. Searching the internet I saw this: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/images/c/c2/Main_GUI_-_Linux.png. There is System, CDVD and other options, but I have none. This happens in  this small blue screen and in the program log.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and would appreciate any suggestions of how to figure out any of these three problems.
Feel free to ask for any information, like the contents of configuration files.

Sponsored links

Which version of pcsx2 are you using? Self-build?

Can you please screenshot the fuzzy letters?
What is your system language and what have you selected as language for pcsx2?
32 or 64 bit? Ppa or did you compile yourself?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(08-25-2015, 12:18 PM)coltson Wrote: Anyway I decided to run pcsx2 with the --forcewiz so to configure the controls. I did it, but now there is no response when I press one of the keys that I selected. I did the keyboard key configuration again through, but nothing changed.
I read the the OnePAD.ini file and all the lines of this form [0][0], [0][1] ............ are equal 0x0. But every time I run the --forcewiz option and send PCSX2 to import existing configurations, all my key selections are showed. If I tell PCSX2 to overwirte, my configuration keep showing up and so the problem persists.  

Onepad is a plugin and doesn't depends on the PCSX2 core configuration. --forcewiz only impact the core. You need to go in the plugin submenu and configure the plugin separately.

Which GS plugin do you use?
Hello to all. Sorry for taking long to answer. In this time, I removed the default window manager and installed other.
Fortunately I got two unexpected side effects: The options in PCSX2 window and in the console are now showing up, and with that I was able to configure the controls the why I wanted. So, two of the three problems are gone!

Unfortunately the fuzzy menu problem persists. so I took a screenshot and attached it.    

Even more unfortunately is that I noticed two other problems. The sound is very noise. Although I can identify the sounds, is like there is a noise layer over it. And I think it can be related to the other problem I noted: Bad performance. When I run it through a terminal, PCSX2 enters an endless loop with this message:
Quote:ALSA lib pcm.c:7843Sadsnd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred
. This only happens when I send it to run a game.
When I run top, the pulse-audio cpu occupation it is very, very high. And the cpu occupation with gnome-settings is also high. And both disappears when I kill PCSX2. I took a screenshot to show that.    
My cpu is a Core 2 Duo 7500 at 2.93Ghz with an overclock to 3.16Ghz, so the problem certainly isn't it. The performance problem can be related to G41 integrated graphics no doubts, especially if the Linux drivers are noticeable slower than the Windows version, as I remember being the case when I used to play Unreal with an i915 integrated graphics. But the top's data seems to show that there is something very wrong with it, so I think it can be a combo of the slower graphics and/or driver with this sound/other process occupying the cpu.

And to answer the original questions I am running the ppa 32 bit version.

Any help will be appreciated to figure out these issues will be most appreciate.

P.S: The graphical glitches are not only in the menu, but also inside the game itself. The Frame rate is around 7-8fps

I killed pulseaudio and the performance improvement was small, so I was wrong about the performance stuff, it's only the slow IGP and maybe a bad driver
(08-28-2015, 10:24 AM)coltson Wrote: My cpu is a Core 2 Duo 7500 at 2.93Ghz with an overclock to 3.16Ghz, so the problem certainly isn't it.

Why do you think that this is not the problem of the slowdowns?
Just looking at your menu screenshot I would be absolutely certain that it is the cause.

I would maybe make that not necessarily more complicated then it is: Your cpu will be to weak to handle this extraordinarily cpu-intense game.

Additionally I am a bit suprised that G41 integrated graphics are supported by pcsx2 using current gsdx plugins. Do you use some older version?
Hum which gs plugin do you use? I'm a bit surprised that your gpu can run GSdx (the gs plugin from my ppa). Normally it requires at least gl3.3
(08-28-2015, 10:31 AM)willkuer Wrote: Why do you think that this is not the problem of the slowdowns?
Just looking at your menu screenshot I would be absolutely certain that it is the cause.

I would maybe make that not necessarily more complicated then it is: Your cpu will be to weak to handle this extraordinarily cpu-intense game.

Why would that be the case? My cpu is practically the recommended cpu from what I read here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Hardware-requirements

Quote:Additionally I am a bit suprised that G41 integrated graphics are supported by pcsx2 using current gsdx plugins. Do you use some older version?
No

Quote:Hum which gs plugin do you use? I'm a bit surprised that your gpu can run GSdx (the gs plugin from my ppa). Normally it requires at least gl3.3

ZZOgl.
(08-28-2015, 11:13 AM)coltson Wrote: Why would that be the case? My cpu is practically the recommended cpu from what I read here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Hardware-requirements
Those are outdated, and are for the windows version.
In your case, the info from the page you linked can't be accurate
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Should I change the graphics plugin to try to oslve the graphics glitches? Go to an older version of Gsdx?

What about the sound problems? There is any options in the plugin settings that I should play with?

(08-28-2015, 11:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Those are outdated, and are for the windows version.
In your case, the info from the page you linked can't be accurate

Why there is this speed difference between Windows and Linux? If the Linux version demands more cpu power, can't be a driver's matter.