Converting Saves from PS2 to PC
I transferred a ps2 save to ps3 via memory card adapter and then to PC using a USB. I am trying to import the save to my PCSX2 memory card but the PS2 Save isn't recognized by PS2 Save Builder. I exported the save to a folder using PSVExporter which resulted in a folder with a .ico file, a .sys file and two unclassified files. What steps do I need to take to be able to drop all four files into the PS2 Save Builder?

Sponsored links

(12-22-2019, 01:52 AM)Rilke Cadmus Wrote: I transferred a ps2 save to ps3 via memory card adapter and then to PC using a USB. I am trying to import the save to my PCSX2 memory card but the PS2 Save isn't recognized by PS2 Save Builder. I exported the save to a folder using PSVExporter which resulted in a folder with a .ico file, a .sys file and two unclassified files. What steps do I need to take to be able to drop all four files into the PS2 Save Builder?

It sounds like you now have the raw files as they would have existed on the PS2 memory card's file system. MyMCPlus, the tool used for importing saves to PCSX2 memory cards, uses save file formats such as the AR Max and Codebreaker formats (and even the PS3's own PSV format) which pack all the individual files into one archive, but it does not support adding each file individually. For that reason, I would recommend instead of trying to use the extracted, individual files, you instead use the PSV file and import it to your PCSX2 memory card with MyMCPlus.

MyMCPlus is a Python program that is fairly straightforward to use. Instructions for installing and starting it are here: https://github.com/thestr4ng3r/mymcplus
I apologize in advance but I have no clue how to program/ use python. I have the original MyMC but I'm still confused how to install/start MyMC+
The original MyMC does not support PSV format, and on Windows versions newer than XP, you can only use it through Command Prompt because it uses a DLL file for the user interface that has not been included in Windows since.

You don't need any programming experience to use MyMCPlus; all you need is to install Python, and then follow the install and run instructions provided on the page. Should just be two commands to paste into a Command Prompt.
The two files I am trying to upload to PCSX2 should be attached if anyone can help me navigate around my computer stupidity.
its telling me invalid syntax when i input >>>pip install mymcplus[gui]
I think I figured it out, found a video and am guessing that the path wasn't set up so nothing from python was working, hopefully this fixes it
It worked, thank you for your help!