Resolved: [Bug Report] Suikoden IV [NTSC] - Menu freeze and cant load a game
regressions ? does not happen in the r1888 beta
main menu freeze's after a few second and choosing continue ends up with a Black screen
used r2761,r2968,r3035 and the latest 0.9.7 beta

settings are default and using both bifco spin hack and eecycle rate slider on 2

does not happen in r2410,r2594 and the Old legacy versions
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]

Sponsored links

We do not accept bug reports with speed hacks on as the sticky notes.
Also if you searched the forum, the game needs a skip video patch, which you probably haven't enabled in the new build.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
How do I do that

but why does it not happen in r2594 and older builds using the same settings

and I did search the forums but all I could find was a skip video patch for Suikoden 5 and is totally unrelated to this problem didn't find anything on Suikoden 4

edit: also thried without speedhacks on and still no go ended with same results
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
I'm having the same problem, the game runs perfectly, and I'm not useing any speed hacks, just running the default setting, but whenever I go to load a game I get a black screen, and nothing happens. The FPS and EE values are still changing, but nothing happens in the console, so I have no idea what's going wrong.

I'm using the latest beta, and have tried with most of the graphics plugins to no effect. I've also searched the forums, and I haven't been able to find any patches for this problem.
I had the same problem with suik4 as well. Just use save states, it works fine.
So I see two issues reported here:
1 - Freeze at main menu after a few seconds.
2 - Black screen after selecting continue from main menu.

I don't have the NTSC version, but on the PAL version with all speed hacks turned off:
1 - No freeze.
2 - Black screen issue exists, game does not transition into memory card load screen. However, "Enable INTC Spin Detection" works around the issue. Note that the black screen issue affects the ending as well.

Can someone check the NTSC version?
I couldn't get the game to freeze at the main menu in the NTSC version.
Tested it by turning all speedhacks on max too.

The black screen for memory card does occur if 'Enable INTC Spin Detection' is turned off.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Rama recently modified the INTC status wait behavior in his PSX mode code, so there are chances that the black screen issue might have been resolved.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Black screen issue with "Enable INTC Spin Detection" turned off still exists on PAL version.
@turtleli

If you don't mind, could you provide a block dump of the issue? Would be useful if we could find the source of the issue, most likely there's a bug in the calculation of next event cycle.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction