Core -  [Bug report] Ouran High School host Club
# PCSX2 version: PCSX2 0.9.7.3113 (svn)

# Plugins: GSdx 3068 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0. 1. 16 [gsdx-sse2-r3068]

# Description: so, i always got a black screen (or maybe freeze? since the playstation 2 text was still there if i boot it 'full' not 'fast') after i tried to boot it.
it happens with other games like
L2 LoveXLoop
Edel Blume
those games are Japanese Visual Novel, and it should not be heavier than other 3D games.
and the other Japanese Visual Novel like hakuouki, Pandora, etc was work for me.
only this 3 games that didn't.
i have tried to change the plug in and bios, but it's not working.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

This is a bug that we're already tracking on google code.
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=306

There's no setting to fix these games right now, unfortunately.
ah, is that so,,
thanks for the link,,
i hope someone will debug it soon,,
Any work on this bug since then? Got the same problem (black screen even before the game starts) with Asobi ni Iku yo! (it mentions in Issue 306). Tried 0.9.6, 0.9.8 and latest SVN 5169 with all defaults and hacks off.
Game still does not work as of 2016. Using the latest build, mostly default settings, no hacks, etc.

I was really hoping this bug would be fixed (it's been 5-6 years since it was reported here!).
Is there any progress on this bug then.......?

The game still breaks immediately on the current latest build.....

I can upload my log file if that will help...

Please let me know.
This one is tough to fix because none of the devs have this game. May be making and uploading a block dump till the hang point will prove useful.
I can dump the game to an .iso if it would mean the bug could be fixed. Not sure about the legality of it all, but honestly, I just want to play the game!

Edit: Devs, if you see this and would like to work on this game, please PM me, and I will send you a private link to my dump.
(02-26-2019, 10:19 PM)zenzen Wrote: I can dump the game to an .iso if it would mean the bug could be fixed. Not sure about the legality of it all, but honestly, I just want to play the game!

Edit: Devs, if you see this and would like to work on this game, please PM me, and I will send you a private link to my dump.

Sharing your iso would be illegal. Please don't. By "block dump" prafull meant a detailed log. You can make gsdx dumps by hitting shift + F8 while playing
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ah, that makes sense. I thought it was weird for someone to ask for a game dump!

Okay, I've tried the shift+F8 combo, and nothing. No file is created in the snaps folder.

This might be because the game doesn't boot in the first place. It literally "black screens" as soon as the PlayStation 2 logo disappears.

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong!