Core -  [Bug report] Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal [NTSC]
(02-09-2018, 10:07 PM)CK1 Wrote: Is that a typo Tongue - I'm not sure what aspect ratio has to do with this, but I'll try it out.

I guess I'll give the debug build another try in the hope of getting some logs.
piesofnorth mentioned that it didn't happen without widescreen(hack). Sometimes running a game in complete fullscreen(using stretch or 16:9 on a 16:9 monitor) can also cause issues.

Sponsored links

I can still reproduce the issue in 4:3 and windowed mode.

Edit: I'm trying it without the WS patch.
It's possible that I was just lucky during 4:3 test. Admittedly, I wasn't running it for very long.
(02-09-2018, 10:14 PM)CK1 Wrote: I can still reproduce the issue in 4:3 and windowed mode.

Edit: I'm trying it without the WS patch.

Is this from a save point (not savestate) without the widescreen patch?
I'm running it from the savestate (the WS patch "state" was not saved in it) but a memory card would be better. So far, I can't reproduce the hang without the WS patch - probably just lucky. I will say that it's still very stuttery and is just about "ready" to freeze" at some points during intense combat.

@piesofnorth. Can you provide a memory card from Daxx as well? Thanks Smile

Also, in the past I've had issues with this game specifically and its' WS patch on random dev builds - particularly when loading the Sly 2 demo. Sometimes it would throw a TLB miss hang.
Here's the save from my memory card:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SFv6uO...6xx3K_zJDJ
(02-09-2018, 10:14 PM)CK1 Wrote: Also, in the past I've had issues with this game specifically and its' WS patch on random dev builds - particularly when loading the Sly 2 demo. Sometimes it would throw a TLB miss hang.
Well duh. Tongue2 You're applying a hack to a completely different game. You're changing random locations in the Sly 2 memory when using the R&C WS hack. Wink
Played a bit further into the game and didn't re-encounter the issue even in 16:9/MTVU. So I guess it could be exclusively an issue with Daxx, or at least the enemies contained within.
I played through this level no problem using a pcsx2 version from early 2017. There was a level in the second or third ratchet and clank game where if I shot any lamp it would cause a freeze. Needless to say beating the level was incredibly tough, but an awarding challenge when completed.
@BloodyBonzai The level you are talking about is the "Dobbo planet" in the second game, if you touch the EE cyclerate/VU cycle steeling, this issue will happen.