Core i7 notebooks and pcsx2: SLOW
Core 2 Duos have far lower power draw compared to quads, that's why the cpu can go full power and performance is unhindered....Maybe someday we can see mobile quad-cores with sub-40w power draw.

To be honest, I'd really like to see a class-action lawsuit win against a known company like DELL.
From what I've read recently, they are still including crappy discrete gpus in their XPS line.....that's just despicable.
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot

Sponsored links

(01-15-2010, 07:12 AM)suhaib Wrote: Whoah! What a load of bull from dell! I hope you're able to get your money back. By the way, shoegazer, do you really need mobile power? Sometimes for the same money you can get a similar desktop along with a decent if not professional monitor.

Yes, I really need mobile power.
(01-15-2010, 12:39 PM)mackoyski Wrote: Core 2 Duos have far lower power draw compared to quads, that's why the cpu can go full power and performance is unhindered....Maybe someday we can see mobile quad-cores with sub-40w power draw.

To be honest, I'd really like to see a class-action lawsuit win against a known company like DELL.
From what I've read recently, they are still including crappy discrete gpus in their XPS line.....that's just despicable.

Well, the one I got with the XPS 1645 was an ATI 4670 mobility, which wasn't (at the time) THAT bad; however yeah, there were better ones out there even then.
Hey guys, i just got the new vaio F series with a core i7 (1.6GHz) cpu, 6 gigs of ram, and the NVIDIa GeForce GT 330M, and i just thought i'd give u guys some tests and a question. I got Tekken 4 running @ 55-60 FPS constant using the same generic setup. An average of 54 FPS with Final Fantasy XII and X, going no lower than 45 FPS during heavy areas. However, thats all with my laptop plugged in. I know the nature of the core i7 underclocking to 1.2 GHz unplugged because of power issue, and the turbo is significantly lower. But performance drops drastically from playable speeds to 45-50% speeds of its original speeds it was running at. This is didn't expect. is there a workaround to have pcsx2 run better unplugged. I did have everything in high performance on battery. thanks.
Clarksfield isn't i7..
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core_i7

sorry to disagree
(01-21-2010, 09:06 PM)Sythedragon Wrote: Clarksfield isn't i7..

1. When referencing posts that aren't like 1 or 2 earlier, make a quote or express context or something so I don't have to search the thread manually for "clarksfield" to see what post you're replying to.

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarksfield...processor), I quote:

Wikipedia Wrote:Clarksfield is the code name for an Intel processor, initially sold as mobile Intel Core i7[1]. It is closely related to the desktop Lynnfield processor, both use quad-core dies based on the 45 nm Nehalem microarchitecture and have integrated PCI Express and DMI links.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
My bad, this is to the wikipedia articles.
Clarkdale is i3, lynfield is i5 and bloomsfield is i7.

My bad LOL.
Clarksfield is the mobile version of i7, XD.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.