'Correct' way to make a PS2 disc image?
speed is only meaningful when "writing" the disk, because the media and the optical device must match as much as possible (you want a record that will endure the time the longer possible).
To create an image, the fast the disc can be read, the better.

About verifying, it's easy since there is an option in imgburn to do it. Again it's more useful when burning a disc. If the original could be read and no "skip error" was active, the image is to be supposed good (as good as the hard disk recording can be).
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(05-29-2011, 01:48 PM)Eva Wrote: So I take it .BIN & .CUE is the most raw and complete format for archiving then?

.bin/cue for CD games and .mdf or .iso for DVD games. (I always make them .iso but I heard some CD games don't like it Tongue2)
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Absolutely lolhuge bump(sorry) but it's pertaining to the topic at least, heh.
I modded a couple game files for Midnight Club(which is a blue disk game), repacked the file that contained the modded files, and tried to make an .ISO.
With PowerISO, it just makes PCSX2 display the red screen of death.
With Imageburn, it just makes the emu go to a black screen.
Anybody know the settings for ImgBurn?
did you use apache and make sure the LBA was the same?
Use Apache after using what program to create the ISO? PowerISO or Imgburn?
Anyone?
Oh, that's just great-Apache gives me this. "Selected file is a different size from original file, it has to be the same size as the original one." WELL THAT'S GODDAMN IMPOSSIBLE.
NVM, got it. Game hangs on loading screen, gotta experiment and see if i screwed anything up