Corrupt 3D in FFX
I attached a photo in the beginning with the error. Basicly when i hit escape in either version of pcsx2 It doesnt close out I have to ctrl alt del, then right click the console and click close. Worked fine in the stable version, but I get the instruction error in the beta when I do this.

I am using gsdx because zerogs is to slow. I will have to mess with the settings more I guess to try and speed it up. But It seems to slow down whenever there is allot of detail in the visible area(even with native internal res wich is horrible quality).

Sponsored links

Well your pics aren't clickable thumbnails and at that size we can't see what's in there...you can use the Esc on close hack found in Misc or the escape hack the lilypad input plugin has to exit from full screen safely.

Try running windowed and see what kind of CPU % the GSdx bar reports when these slowdowns occur. If that is above 90% your GPU is the bottleneck (doubtful). My guess is your CPU is the bottleneck, not much you can do about that except overclocking
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok it seems I have fixed the slow down for the most part. It only seems to be slowing down for very short segments now, in wich the cpu still does not go over 80% so that doesnt seem to be a bottleneck. I wouldnt think so anyways, its overclocked at 2700mhz stable, and its dual core. As far as going any further I cant with this cpu stepping, and my mobo barely wants to do 320fsb either. That will wait until I afford a whole new rig to build/oc

Oh as for what u said to watch the cpu% in gsdx, im guessing you mean the top bar of the window? the cpu % on that is kinda fubar'd. It jumps around 5% then 21% then -854637298% then 8234234% then 81%. I just used task manager to watch my cpu.

The crash still occurs if I close it out manualy, but when I uncheck the esc hack in speed hacks, and use the lilypad one it closes out fine.

I just have one other question here for the moment. What can I do/set to make sure the audio stays in sync with the video? Most of it seems ok, but in the fight sequences the audio seems to be off, specificly when players strike a foe.
Try to get the AMD Dual Core optimizer app so it fix that cpu% problem.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-17-2009, 03:08 PM)frost75 Wrote: I just have one other question here for the moment. What can I do/set to make sure the audio stays in sync with the video? Most of it seems ok, but in the fight sequences the audio seems to be off, specificly when players strike a foe.

The audio is in sync with the game. So if your fps drops below 50-60 (PAL vs NTSC), then the audio will slow down too. So the only way to have sound running at full speed and in sync is to have the game as a whole doing so. It's the same with SNES etc games, frustratingly. Can't speed them up for grinding without wrecking the music Sad

Also the CPU % on the GSDX window isn't the CPU that PCSX2 is using, it's the % GSDX is using. That is, to cover for a graphics card that can't handle it (and probably to cover for PS2 things that PC graphics cards are bad at, not sure). If it goes to 100% more than very rarely, you probably need to reduce the resolution.

ETA: Or did I get the % thing wrong and it's the gfx card usage? Either way, you don't want it to go to 100%.
well is there even a way to know the GPU's usage % ? it cant be the cpu since it doesnt ever go over 80%.

The audio does go out of sync in some areas so far in the beginning, it doesn't slow down instead. like for example where you fall into the water and fight that big fish(very beginning) the audio is totaly out of place during that event. and when the 4 legged monster apears and spins around a circle before coming down at you, the audio goes totaly out of place.

As far as the amd optomizer, lol never again. That thing made it run like I have a single core 1800mhz or something. uninstalled it swiftly after attempting it with pcsx2.