Corrupt save states[Kingdom Hearts]
Hi, I'm using the latest beta build(Sep 06) of PCSX2 and recently I discovered my save states are corrupted. The speedhacks I'm using are: x2 Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack, Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate, Idle Loop Fast Forward, Status Flag Hack, and VU Cycle Stealing. I'm also using MicroVU0 and MicroVU1 as I have a Core 2 Quad. Is there a way to prevent getting corrupt save states? Also, how would I be able to save using the "virtual" memcard in pcsx? Oh btw, here are my specs:

Memory: 2GB DDR2 800Mhz

GPU: Radeon HD 4870 512MB VRAM

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 running at 2.40GHz with Arctic Freezer 7 Pro cooling fan

HDD: Western Digital WD Caviar SE16 SATA 320GB

Power Supply: RaidMax Modular RX-630A 630w

Case: Antec 900

Sponsored links

When did you create the save states? If you created the save state in an other version of PCSX2, then they are just incompatible with the current version. I recommend you move back to the last version of PCSX2 you were using to load the save states and save on the memory card(s) before moving on.

If you created the corrupted save states on the latest beta build, the only think I can think of is to disable all speed hacks, run the game for a second or two and then create the save state. I don't really know since the only speed hack I have used is VU Cycle Stealing with no Save State problems (I rarely use save state unless I really need to save for some reason) but I will play around to see what if it really are the speed hacks that is causing the problems.

The virtual memory cards are automatically set up by default so you can just save on either memory card slot in game as long as you haven't messed with the memcard settings and break it.
As Zanoab said... Save states are NOT compatible inbetween versions. They may work, but they are not guaranteed to work and can cause problems even if they do load.

Always use regular memory cards as your primary means to save, savestates should be considered emergency or backup, never your only means of saving.
[Image: 2748844.png]
So using savestates are the same as saving the game on the memcard? I've been using pcsx2 for a couple days now and the only version I downloaded was the latest beta.

EDIT: Ok, so I know now that memory cards should be used instead of savestates, but how do I use the memory card function? I only see the option to save or load state.
You save ingame as you would on a normal playstation 2 console
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ok i just tried it and it works ty. This has bine informative