Corrupted Memory Cards (Fixed!)
Question: I have a problem where I cant save my game to a memory card when I use a savestate. How do I make it so that when I load a save state, that I can save in game? I have Pcsx2 1.50 dev version. 

Explanation: I started noticing when I booted up bios that memory blocks where becoming blue squares and were labeled as "corrupt". This started with one save, then grew to a bunch of other ones. Reluctantly however, I noticed that save states still worked, and that I would be able to continue not too far off from where I was for most of the games on the card. Knowing this, I deleted the Memory card that was corrupted. Now though when I make a new memory card I cant save on it normally through the game (comes up as "save failed") but I can through a save state, however it doesn't show up when I boot up bios. 

In conclusion: should I just give up and use save states exclusively now or is there something else I can do like maybe holding on to my save state folder and re downloading Pcsx2? 

I'm at a loss and kind of heartbroken, even if I still have the save states. I can give details if needed. 

I appreciate it if someone can respond.

Sponsored links

I haven't tested this on PCSX2 but sometimes you can create a new memory card
formate it by booting to the bios
Load the game
load the savestate
then insert the new formated memory card and try making a save on it.

If the save state itself is forrupted then it will just screwup this new card and this won't work... but if it does then shutdown the emulator, relaunch the emulator and do not load any save state just load the in game save in the game and see if that work.

I would also never recomend relying on save states.

(07-29-2018, 03:51 AM)TkSilver Wrote: I haven't tested this on PCSX2 but sometimes you can create a new memory card
formate it by booting to the bios
Load the game
load the savestate
then insert the new formated memory card and try making a save on it.

If the save state itself is forrupted then it will just screwup this new card and this won't work... but if it does then shutdown the emulator, relaunch the emulator and do not load any save state just load the in game save in the game and see if that work.

I would also never recomend relying on save states.

I think I've already tried the method you talked about, but I'll try it again because for the heck of it. 

Why is it bad to just rely on save states? Can you elaborate on that?
(07-29-2018, 04:20 AM)Archangel1017 Wrote:

I think I've already tried the method you talked about, but I'll try it again because for the heck of it. 

Why is it bad to just rely on save states? Can you elaborate on that?

Because they literally save the emulator + the game's "state".
means if you encountered a bug without knowing so (but it'll trigger later), you saved your game in a state in which this bug will occur whatever you do.
Ans moreover, they can get corrupted really more easily than internal saves
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
OHMYGOSH thank you so much. Really really appreciate it. What you recommended fixed the issue. Thank you so much!