Could not find system file
Been getting this error every time I try to run the only game I'm doing this for. Gallop Racer 2004 is not on the supported game list, HOWEVER, numerous people have apparently reported success with it. That said, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
When I run the ISO, it shows the PS2 loading screen, says checking memory cards, then says
CHECK
MEMORY CARD slot 1
Could not find System File
I have formatted the cards and set everything up via the configuration guide to no avail. Any thoughts?

Sponsored links

Please post the machine's specs and your PCSX2 configuration, yet I could bet "all your money" that the emulator is installed at C:\Program Files...

This is cause of headache not restrict to PCSX2 but PC games also, mainly the moddable ones.

Just install it somewhere else that not "any" Windows folders (what includes the Desktop and the Documents folder also). A folder you create, for example: C:\PCSX2 or C:\Emulators\PCSX2 would do the trick, the name really does not matter.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Ken--I was so ready to start singing your praises because you were correct about the install path/ However...I uninstalled and reinstalled to a C: and have the same issue still. I also get this error if I mount the ISO to a disc and try to run from the drive.

SOLUTION: I was using a PS3 controller and though I had it configured correctly and all the buttons worked properly, it wouldn't let me navigate beyond this error. After switching to a logitech USB controller it works great!
Do not mount the ISO on virtual drives, don't have the original DVD mounted also. All you need is to select the ISO from the CDVD menu. Make sure "Iso" and not "Plugin" is active. Finally start with "Boot CDVD (fast) instead full.

Report back if still getting issues.
A lot of games do this first run. Once you start playing it should create it
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-08-2013, 10:58 AM)refraction Wrote: A lot of games do this first run. Once you start playing it should create it

If I do understand correctly, very few games ever use the contents of BIOS system config, one I remember that do it is Star Ocean TeoT to sync and "protect" it's battle trophies thing.
(04-08-2013, 04:47 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: If I do understand correctly, very few games ever use the contents of BIOS system config, one I remember that do it is Star Ocean TeoT to sync and "protect" it's battle trophies thing.

Indeed, some games take the language settings from the BIOS to choose the language in the game, but that is about the length of it. However many games refer to their game config information as a "system config" or "system settings", i think either DMC or RE4 does this on first boot, usually they give you the option to create this information.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-08-2013, 05:21 PM)refraction Wrote: Indeed, some games take the language settings from the BIOS to choose the language in the game, but that is about the length of it. However many games refer to their game config information as a "system config" or "system settings", i think either DMC or RE4 does this on first boot, usually they give you the option to create this information.

Yep, indeed, but that Star Ocean game go further, it takes other information also, like the time (GMT) and don't know what else so to prevent the battle trophy from a gaming playthrough into another... which affects not only getting saves from someone else as between different playthru from your own.

But, whatever, this will not help the current issue, so I already talked too much Smile besides, now that you told that I can't remember to have seen such files other than created by games...