Could not load GS plugin - Ubuntu (Linux)
Seems that I made something wrong in 193, use 191 instead.

Sponsored links

Here's a first, not sure why this happened. It had a segmentation fault, but it could be because I chose different settings in the config. I selected 19.191, and it also has an error about trying to load 19.193, so I guess you did make it wrong, hope it provides insight.

.txt   segfault-term-log.txt (Size: 2,24 KB / Downloads: 241)

I changed some settings back, and the seg fault went away. Anyway, I got a bitmask error running 19.191 in terminal. Logged the whole thing as usual, check it out.

.txt   FFX-error-log-bitmask.txt (Size: 7,05 KB / Downloads: 1.120)
Try newer version of 193. Use gdb with it.
(11-09-2009, 08:36 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Try newer version of 193. Use gdb with it.

1) I click on your compiled 19.193 link, and it doesn't download, it opens up in the browser for some reason... Quick thought: the filename of libZeroGSogl.so.0.19.193 is slightly different. All the others have an "r" after "ogl" and before ".so"... Is this relevant?

2) GDB?

3) I'm still not sure what you mean by MGTS, see post #40.
(11-09-2009, 08:07 AM)TimmyTim125 Wrote: I have yet to make sure I'm in MGTS mode, because I didn't see an option for it in any of the plug-in configs, so I'm rather confused about it. What do you mean "in CPU section"? Are you referring to an emulated PS2 CPU, or my computer CPU?
Yes, r -- release, you need libZeroGSogl.so.0.19.193. gdb is GNU debugger, it's help to trace segfaults. Usage is simple: run gdb ./pcsx2, and when pcsx2 faulted, you could wrote a command. Use bt (backtrace, wrote letters bt and [Enter]), than c (continue). You need trace for last fault (pcsx2 have "correct" segfaults, as part of error handling). MGTS -- go to configure->CPU and look at lower left end.
I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. I started playing the game ^^

I figured out the MGTS and gdb on my own, although I never figured out what caused the seg fault. Point is, after enabling MGTS, things started working ^^

Thanks very much for all the help. Now I need to find a way to make it run nicer, but at least it works. Laugh Biggrin Laugh Biggrin Laugh
Yes, know issue without MGTS on, that FFX under linux start crushed from time to time. O'k, Solved. For graphic's trouble in ZZogl thread, please.
Hi, I've just registered here to drop a few lines in here after finding this board via a Google search, where I had just pasted that "Could Not Load GS Plugin" error message.

I had the same problem and found my way out of there after reading some of the suggestions in this thread.
I use openSuSE 11.1-64, got the linux binary archive from the download page, started it up and got the GS-Plugin-not-found-message. The console spat out:
"Can't open libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2: libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I fired up Yast and checked the repositories for that glew-thing. It turned out libGLEW was installed - but it was the 64Bit-version. I can't speak for Ubuntu, but on SuSE all 64Bit-libraries are placed in /usr/lib64, while 32Bit-libraries reside in /usr/lib. Therefore linking the *.so-files of the 64Bit breed into /usr/lib/, as has been suggested during the course of this thread, is not advisable! The Segfaults are already lurking and ready to jump out at you...

I just replaced the X86_64 libGLEW package with the i586 version, which made the respective *.so-files disappear in /usr/lib64 and reappear in /usr/lib/. The "cannot open shared object file" went away.

Another one appeared. The same message, this time for libCg. Did the same thing - replaced the X86_64 version with the i586 one - et voilĂ . It works now. I get the menu and I can get into plugin configuration etc. The only quirk I see right now is a missing background picture... I only have a title bar and the menu... looks odd. Happy

I would suggest adding a little informational line on the download page for the Linux binary archive like: "Note: This is a 32-Bit version." - This would give every downloader a little hint for the case they get the same errors.

Well now, let's see what I can actually run with this thing... Ninja

Regards,
-Zalmoxis.