Could not load GS plugin - Ubuntu (Linux)
No go NoVa, thanks though

Sponsored links

Oooh, nice eye.

edit: bah 2nd page of evil.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
I would like to add that I am using Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) and I suffer the same issues of no GS plugin, it is exactly as dannyboy775 describes it. Help?

I don't think it is a driver issue- the driver I am using is NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version 180), and my card is a 9500 GT. My card hasn't given me problems like this before.

I'm almost certain the problem lies in the dependencies. The following need to be installed: gtk2, opengl, libbz2, libjpeg, glew-dev, libxxf86vm-dev, x11proto-xf86vidmodeautomake and autoconf (version >= 1.9) Nvidia Cg-Toolkit, libasound-dev, joystick.

I did go through the repositories, but honestly I can't find all of these packages (using Synaptic). I can't find a package called gtk2, even though since I have GNOME it's bound to be installed already :\ There are other packages that just don't seem to exist. I couldn't find a package called opengl, glew-dev, or x11proto-xf86vidmodeautomake. I don't see how I can't find OpenGL of all things, but I must have it... Tongue

I couldn't find glew-dev, although I did find the lib-dev files for glew, and I also found a package called glew-utils... Not good enough? Sad

I'm completely lost on x11proto-xf86vidmodeautomake. Where are all these packages found?
You don't need all of this packages until you decide to build pcsx2 for yourself. I pretty sure, that gtk2 and openl is installed (in pcsx2 interface could be run, than gtk2 is installed, opengl... there is program, named glxgears, use it). Glew-dev package full name is libglew1.5-dev. And it's possible, that you have libglew1.4, no 1.5 -- check it. x11proto-xf86vidmodeautomake it's probably a typo x11proto-xf86vidmode and automake. Search package with name x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev.
(11-04-2009, 07:49 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: You don't need all of this packages until you decide to build pcsx2 for yourself. I pretty sure, that gtk2 and openl is installed (in pcsx2 interface could be run, than gtk2 is installed, opengl... there is program, named glxgears, use it). Glew-dev package full name is libglew1.5-dev. And it's possible, that you have libglew1.4, no 1.5 -- check it. x11proto-xf86vidmodeautomake it's probably a typo x11proto-xf86vidmode and automake. Search package with name x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev.

I have libglew1.5-dev. I have x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev, but not x11proto-xf86vidmode, because it doesn't appear to exist. I have automake version 1.10. Although now that I look closely at automake 1.10, the description says that it fails to work in a number of situations that 1.9, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6, and 1.4 did. I'll try again with a downgraded version and let you know how it goes. I cannot find a package called glxgears.

I didn't build it for myself, I went to pscx2 site and downloaded the binary, and I was able to open it up as if it were fully built and installed, except I get errors, especially with the whole GS plug-in thing. Another error I'm getting is that the program crashes when I click the "about" button for info on the plug-ins.
Okay, so I still don't understand how exactly I'm supposed to be getting pcsx2. I've been downloading the Linux binary at <a href="http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php">this website</a>, unzipping the .gz, and unpacking the .tar, and out pops the program with all the directories. I try configuring pcsx2, but I can't select a GS plug-in. I have all the dependencies, I guess, and I tried downgrading automake from 1.10 to 1.9 and redownloading the zip, going through the whole process again, and it's still a no go. I also looked closer at autoconf, which is the proper name for "autoconfig", and it said that it isn't compatible with scripts written for autoconf2.13 and earlier, so I tried downgrading that too (which seems to utilize automake1.4). That also didn't work. What's wrong here? Something tells me this isn't the problem... Sad Only the GS plug-in section isn't working.

I looked more thoroughly at the plug-in directory, and one of the files is "ps2hw.dat". This is a MATLAB file, and my computer doesn't have MATLAB on it. Perhaps this is a problem?

The error message I'm getting is "Could Not Load GS Plugin '/data/Games/pcsx2/plugins/': /data/Games/pcsx2/plugins/: cannot read file data: Is a directory". Please investigate? Any more suggestions? Thanks for the help so far.
ps2hw is shader file, not matlab. About other issues, what's wrote in pcsx2.cfg?

p.S. Maybe you have no rights? Try under root.
(11-05-2009, 12:26 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: ps2hw is shader file, not matlab. About other issues, what's wrote in pcsx2.cfg?

p.S. Maybe you have no rights? Try under root.

Bios = blahblahblah.bin (I have the file, haven't inserted it yet)
Lang = en
PluginsDir = /data/Games/pcsx2/plugins/
BiosDir = /data/Games/pcsx2/bios/
Ps2Out = 1
cdvdPrint = 0
ThPriority = 0
EnabledCard1 = 1
Mcd1 = /data/Games/pcsx2/memcards/Mcd001.ps2
EnabledCard2 = 1
Mcd2 = /data/Games/pcsx2/memcards/Mcd002.ps2
McdEnableEject = 1
GS =
SPU2 = libZeroSPU2.so.0.1.0
CDVD = libCDVDlinuz.so
PAD1 = libZeroPAD.so.0.2.0
PAD2 = libZeroPAD.so.0.2.0
DEV9 = libDEV9null.so
USB = libUSBnull.so
FW = libFWnull.so
Options = 470
Hacks = 0
Fixes = 0
Patch = 0
CustomFps = 0
CustomFrameskip = 0
CustomConsecutiveFrames = 0
CustomConsecutiveSkip = 0
sseMXCSR = 7fc0
sseVUMXCSR = 7fc0
eeOptions = 1
vuOptions = 1

And I'm quite sure I have rights, I set the entire /data directory to rwx for user, rx for group and universe.
You got me thinking with that pcsx2.cfg file, so I tried writing in "libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2". Tried starting up pcsx2 again, and we get a slightly different error message:

Could Not Load GS Plugin '/data/Games/pcsx2/plugins/libZeroGSoglr.so.0.96.2': libGLEW.so.1.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Sad
I tried running the pcsx2 in the terminal, with and without sudo, the result is the same. I attached a log for you, hope it helps. Mind you, this is after manually inserting a the name of a GS plug-in into the pcsx2.cfg file.

.txt   terminal-log-pcsx2-fail.txt (Size: 1,33 KB / Downloads: 360)