Could not load GS plugin - Ubuntu (Linux)
Well, my ideas are off. But look for other peoples suggestions: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4108-post...l#pid29538 or http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141626

Sponsored links

Hi,

I'm using ubuntu karmic (9.10, amd64, 64-bit version) and I had exactly the same kind of problem as dannyboy775 and TimmyTim125 had, but now I've managed to get pcsx2 load to the menu screen. It seems the problem was with the 64-bit linux and I got it working by installing this (from here and using getlibs to find the rest of the missing 32-bit libraries.

But. I'm still having several problems... I'm getting segmentation fault when trying to run anything (game/bios) and when trying to open the config window. Here's my print from terminal when I try to open FFXII, using gdb:

Starting program: /home/kimmo/Pelit/pcsx2/pcsx2
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]

F1 - save state

(Shift +) F2 - cycle states

F3 - load state

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 28 2009

Savestate version: 8b400004

x86Init:

CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 6
x86Family = Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz
CPU speed = 2.676 Ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0008e39d
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:

Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1

** (<unknown>:19790): WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: pcsxAbout.bmp
Disabling game slots until a game is loaded.

Bios Version 2.0

Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps

/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
/usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
_openfile /media/Pelit & TV/Imaget/FFXII.iso 0
detected blocksize = 2048
isoOpen: /media/Pelit & TV/Imaget/FFXII.iso ok
offset = 0
blockofs = 24
blocksize = 2048
blocks = 1976656
type = 2
[New Thread 0xeeffbb70 (LWP 19833)]
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...

ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.4
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: no Direct Rendering possible!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 8192 for Tex_2d and 8192 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0xeeffbb70 (LWP 19833)]
0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

I guess this has something to do with the GS-plugin... or is it the main program?
Any help would be highly appreciated. Smile
Well, why not, the next ZZogl message should be about creating effects, and it's missing? First try to change GS plugin (maybe it resolve issue), second you need debug version of ZZogl to use gdb with sence (without debug symbols it's little noncence). If you don't know how to compile, tell me, I'll made one for you.
Well, I tried what zkpz did, and sure enough I finally can select a plug-in. There's only one choice for a plug-in, mind you. Nonetheless, Huzzah! So I configured stuff, tried to start up FFX, and I get lots and lots of crashes. I can't get any further than the opening menu where I select new game, then standard sphere grid. After the screen fades away, and the sound stops, it sits there at a frozen fps. Any recommendations?
And this choice is? What was written just before crush? Something about bitmask textures, maybe?

p.S. I hope, that you still use ZeroSPU (Peops are known to have bugs) and MGTS mode.
ZeroGS Playground OpenGL 0.96.7 is the only GS plug-in available to me, it seems. For sound I'm using ZeroSPU2 Playground 0.4.6. I don't know what you mean by MGTS mode. Here's a log of the terminal output... There's no output between after I start the game and after the crash, fyi.

.txt   term-log-pcsx2-ffx.txt (Size: 3,4 KB / Downloads: 243)
MGTS is Multi-thread more (known as dual-core mode), in CPU section. Try to grap ZZogl 193 form me http://sanechka.spb.ru/svnroot/ruslan/compilled/ or search last ZZogl in ZZogl thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4108-page-108.html . ZeroGS could have a lot of bugs.
I downloaded the compiled plug-in from you (libZeroGSogl.so.0.19.193). I moved it to the plug-in directory, fired up Pcsx2, went to the config menu... And the plug-in did not show up in the list. I can still only select ZeroGS Playground OpenGL 0.96.7... Suggestions?

Thanks for the continued help, Zeydlitz. It's much appreciated Smile
Does it wrote something in console when you open the GS plugin selection? Usualy it does.
I'll try loading 19.193 in terminal in a second, but I've discovered that it DOES load 19.191... Something must be wrong with 19.193? I'll update this post after I play around with this a bit more.

edit: Even when I use 19.191, pcsx2 still freezes in the same place.

I have yet to make sure I'm in MGTS mode, because I didn't see an option for it in any of the plug-in configs, so I'm rather confused about it. What do you mean "in CPU section"? Are you referring to an emulated PS2 CPU, or my computer CPU?