Could software mode be potentially CPU killer?
You could ask the same thing about video converting...it makes your cpu(depending on the settings)do much more work(constantly)compared to pcsx2.

There is one thing I can't understand tho...how is it possible the cpu temp to drop by 20c or more immediately after a heavy task is done(video converting for example).This has to be false reading on the temp.

Sponsored links

If it did then it wouldn't be pcsx2's fault

CPUs should rarely ever die unless you are using them past the temperature conditions set by the manufacturer.

and if you are then thats a problem with your cooling(or you're OCing too much) not the cpu or pcsx2.

(01-10-2015, 08:48 AM)vsub Wrote: There is one thing I can't understand tho...how is it possible the cpu temp to drop by 20c or more immediately after a heavy task is done(video converting for example).This has to be false reading on the temp.

Not an expert but i'd say it has to do with the heatsink and fan. They're the only reason cpu temps don't get ridiculously high.

but cpu temps are more accurate the higher they go.
(01-09-2015, 01:29 PM)willkuer Wrote: This needs to be mentioned! I think only newer cpu's dynamically downclock to avoid overheating. Older models keep the same clock until they die.

Not completely true, even my Pentium 4 underclocks at high temps.
But before P4 they didn't.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-14-2015, 12:12 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: But before P4 they didn't.

but most bios have an option to shut down when they reach specific temperatures don't they?
(01-10-2015, 08:48 AM)vsub Wrote: There is one thing I can't understand tho...how is it possible the cpu temp to drop by 20c or more immediately after a heavy task is done(video converting for example).This has to be false reading on the temp.

The heat is coming from the CPU die, a very small area.
Attached to it is a lot of heat dissipation material.
Once the source stops heating, all of that heat dissipation potential simply does its job.
This only works so well when going from very hot to just hot, of course Tongue2