Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex BUG
In Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex in Levels 17,24 and 26 there is black screen at some place and I ask if there is some way how to fix it in Gsdx hardware mode because in software mode is it too slow for me and ZeroGs has graphics problems.And it have some fog problems like in this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx-cras...o-problems I am using version PCSX2 0.9.6 and PCSX2 0.9.6 R1888.I use PCSX
2 0.9.6 because it have better speed for me,and I get this problem also on newest version.

Sponsored links

Fix the fog with skipdraw=3 or skipdraw=4

4 works better for me.

Set it in GS settings, hardware hacks.

Not sure if it fixes the black wall.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It works on software mode but it is slow and on hardware with skipdraw 4 it fix the fog but it has another graphics problems.Someone write about this problems there: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx-cras...o-problems So do you know how to fix it in hardware mode or how to speed it up on Software mode?Sorry,for my bad English,I am from Slovakia so I use Google Translator.
0.9.6 isnt supported anymore. You wont get support for that
Hardware mode hacks arent available in this version anyways.
Start by upgrading pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
As Blyss said, use skipdraw hack to remove the buggy fog. I should note, however, that using skipdraw makes certain elements invisible, like the gems (where only their glow will appear) and sometimes box outlines (the ones that require the ! boxes) are invisible too, so you might miss them.

As for the black wall, sorry, there's no fix for that one. Best you can do is use software mode and struggle through these dark levels. No amount of hacks will fix that, and it WILL be slow. I know because i played through those at like 18 fps.
And why when I set (on PCSX2 1.1.0 5760) Frames to skip on 1 and Frames to draw on 1,too,it have "ghost" doubled screen?Like on screen in Attachments

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

that's to be expected when using such a breaking feature.
the PS2 wans't made to handle that.
I have graphic bug (water bug) in level 22 Gold Rush on PCSX2 0.9.6.I don't take screenshot because i don't know how to take screenshots on PCSX2 0.9.6 because on PCSX2 1.1.0 i take screenshot by press F9 or F8 (i don't know at the moment) but when I press it in PCSX2 0.9.6 nothing happend.
I don't care if 0.9.6 has a bug, as long as the recent version doesnt Wink
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-22-2013, 03:25 PM)refraction Wrote: I don't care if 0.9.6 has a bug, as long as the recent version doesnt Wink

actually, no one cares Tongue2
well, since the OP has moved on another "bug", I guess this thread about the frameskipping "bug" is over.