Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex loading times?
I bought this game a while back for my PS2, and played about halfway through it before I couldn't stand the loading times any longer. Loading a level, exiting a level, even loading the save menu took, IIRC, about a minute on average. On its Wikipedia page, Game Informer explains that that was a big reason they gave it only a marginal rating, so I know it wasn't my disc or PS2 that was at fault. It really sucked, especially since I had always been a big fan of the PS1 Crash games.

I was wondering if the most likely reason for those ridiculous load times was the disc reading speed, and if they would go away if I were to play it on the emulator (especially if I made a .iso out of it). If anyone has any experience with the game, that would be great. I have no idea where it is in my house, so I don't want to go looking if it's going to be a lost cause.

Sponsored links

Reading from the disk is always slower than reading from ISO or on the PS2 using hdd.The game will definitely load faster from ISO/PS2HDD but on some games the loading speed is not the only problem(on some games the PS2 is working on a lot of data(even if the disk is not used to read the files anymore)before displaying something...for example loading the whole level)

PS.In some cases the emulator with ISO is faster than the PS2 with HDD
I realize this is an old post, but it deserves an answer. I hated the loading times too... it would take up to 5 minutes sometimes. I just tested this game on a MacBook Pro Early 2011 model, and the loading time is 10 seconds max. Which is really good considering I was reading the ISO file over my wireless network. If I were to put the ISO on my laptop which has an SSD drive it should be even faster, but 10 seconds is really good. Most of the time it is 5 seconds.