Crash due to memory usage?
Hey guys,

When I attempt to play any game on the emulator, the memory usage will keep going up until it hits 3.5gb and crashes. I haven't had a problem with it before when I streamed 2-3 hours to my friends.

I tried using DirectSound, disabling Speedhacks and applying the 4GB patch, but nothing seems to work. If anyone is able to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Here are the specs of my PC:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHZ
Installed memory: 8.00GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX650
PCSX2 Version: pcsx2-r5927
Settings: All Default
Games (Played from ISO): Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 2!, Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Gaiden

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank you, I have updated my information in response to the list provided.
1 - use either latest stable or latest GIT version. Not some intermediate one.
2 - try using the 4gb patch provided in this post : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-I-need-th...#pid343151
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-07-2014, 06:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - use either latest stable or latest GIT version. Not some intermediate one.
2 - try using the 4gb patch provided in this post : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-I-need-th...#pid343151

Thanks for the reply. I have tried with version 1.2.1 with the 4gb patch applied, but it still crashes when it reaches 3.5GB memory usage.
That's strange, was it a problem in the emulator and a lot of people would be screaming by now...

Some games were reported to have memory leaking but since you stated it happens with all games, or your games are all in that category or is something else in your system leaking the memory.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Ok. Ran a virus and malware scan and restarted my PC. It seems the games works again, they will reach around 2.6GB memory and stop going up. However the Prince of Tennis games still crashes, I suppose it's just an issue with those games itself. Thanks for the replies.
maybe 4 gb patch worked for you!

Attached Files
.exe   4gb_patch.exe (Size: 44 KB / Downloads: 325)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
please read post #5 Brock.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-07-2014, 09:02 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: please read post #5 Brock.
the words are true "without reading totally you can't able to reach the solution"! I'm apologized for the mistake!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1