Crash in FFX "Home"
Ok, I'm getting crashes during this segment of the game, at random times. I think the graphics plugin may be overloaded from the effects on the screen, but I don't know anything about what it would look like when overloaded.

The part of the log with the crash is here:
Code:
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
gametitle: Final Fantasy X [SLUS 20312] (U)
comment:
patchnumber: 0

This happens just after the part where the party enters the summoner's sanctum, usually crashing in the cutscenes after the battle with the two chimera and their guado minion.

The crash itself always has had the textures "spazz out", rendering everything in grey polygons, before simply crashing out with a "Illegal operation" error. It's not always in the exact same place, but each crash has happened in the summoner's sanctum itself, when all the dialog and cutscene stuff is running. Usually during wide shots, but not all the time.

Plugins:

Graphics
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14

Sound
ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6

Controller
LilyPad 0.9.9

Cdvdrom
Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0

Dev9
DEV9null Driver 0.3.0

Usb
USBnull Driver 0.5.0

FireWire
FWnull Driver 0.4.0

SpeedHacks:
Use x1.5 Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack
Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate
WaitCycles Sync Hack
Escape Hack
Everything else OFF

CPU Config:
EERec Enabled
VU0rec Enabled
VU1rec Enabled
Multi threaded GS mode Enabled
Frame Limiting - Set to Limit

My Computer Specs:

Windows XP SP3
Intel Core 2 CPU
4300 @ 1.80GHz
1.80 GHz, 3.50 GB or RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Latest DirectX drivers and files

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a memcard file, as they probably are protected like the roms, but I've been using mem saves so I don't have a save state of the crash.

Any advice how to get this working would be appreciated, as it's listed as "completely playable" on the game list. I've been able to play to this point with no problems aside from the occasional game slowdown in frames when viewing tons of polygons on the screen.

Sponsored links

Please use PCSX2 0.9.4 or 0.9.5 to get past this point. Memcards are backwards (and forwards Wink) compatible. Google/MSN/Yahoo an older version to download.
Next time please care to SEARCH the board before postion 23590723904712 thread on the same old bug.
(04-04-2009, 07:10 PM)Cain Wrote: Please use PCSX2 0.9.4 or 0.9.5 to get past this point. Memcards are backwards (and forwards Wink) compatible. Google/MSN/Yahoo an older version to download.
Next time please care to SEARCH the board before postion 23590723904712 thread on the same old bug.

Why is this info not posted to the compatibility list? The list states the game is fully playable from beginning to end. If you need to swap versions of the emulator, then it is certainly NOT playable from beginning to end if you follow the advice of the website and get the latest version. Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but you'd think beginning to end would mean just that, someone managed to play the entire game in the latest build without the need to swap versions. Especally if the website itself doesn't host the old versions, meaning without third parties hosting the old ones, you'd be pretty much screwed. Blink

Whatever.Rolleyes
Well, I didn't read what you replied, I'm sure it was nothing good tho Laugh

Well, it seems that this bug doesn't always occur, I don't know. I've also just remembered that some people reported this bug not occuring if ALL (I personally think it's just x3 Cycle Rate) speedhacks are turned _on_.
The beta which is hosted on the site will get you through the cutscene and I had no more problems using it the rest of the game. And you really should search next time, its actually faster than posting a topic and waiting for someone to tell you.

And the game is listed as fully playable because is was on previous versions, but you can't expect them to play through every game 100% through to make sure that list is updated everytime a new version comes out...
C2D E8400 3.6GHz
ATI HD4870 512MB
4GB PC2-6400 RAM
Windows Vista 32-bit
Quote:And the game is listed as fully playable because is was on previous versions, but you can't expect them to play through every game 100% through to make sure that list is updated everytime a new version comes out...

Which is exactly why I posted this thread in the first place, because I, as a player, have the time to run into these bugs and thus report them in the support thread. But I wasn't entirely sure this WAS a bug, since I didn't know much about settings and have no other games to test with since I'm broke and only own FFX. Because the documentation is over my head, I had to ask people who know better about the settings for memory hacks and such.

Maybe I'm blind, but what beta? The news post says 0.9.6 is the latest version, and I don't see anything on the download page but that version and the source code(which is way beyond me as I know nothing about compiling stuff). Ninja Anyway, if the beta plays through the whole game fine, I'll probably switch over to that, assuming I find it.

For now, any other hangups I should know about with 0.9.6? I've got a save at the airship, finally, but I don't know which version to continue in anymore.Blink
The beta can be found on the forums. They are posted under the thread, "PCSX2 official beta and beta plugins".
Also,in the download section of the site,if you click 'Public beta' you can download it from there too..
[Image: newsig.jpg]