Crash when entering bios
Hi,
when i start pcsx it crashes when entering bios. The guide mentions something about two different zerogs plugins. One for sse and one for sse2. I'm using the one that comes with the 0.9.6 installer. Also, the two audio plugins (mentioned in the logs) don't work but they aren't even selectable and it doesn't change anything if i remove them so i left them in the folder anyway. I'm currently out of ideas. Any help is appreciated to solve this. Thanks.

Hardware:
nForce2
AMD Athlon XP (MMX, SSE)
WinXP SP3
Ati Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 9.2)

[Image: config.th.png]

Code:
PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
    CPU vendor name =  AuthenticAMD
    FamilyID  =  0
    x86Family =  AMD Athlon XP-M
    CPU speed =  2.545 Ghz
    Cores     =  1 physical [1 logical]
    x86PType  =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags  =  0383fbff 00000000
    x86EFlags =  c1cbfbff

Features:
    Detected MMX
    Detected SSE
    Not Detected SSE2
    Not Detected SSE3
    Not Detected SSSE3
    Not Detected SSE4.1

Extended AMD Features:
    Detected MMX2
    Detected 3DNOW
    Detected 3DNOW2

Hotkeys:
    F1  - save state
    (Shift +) F2 - cycle states
    F3  - load state
Plugin load failure: plugins\SPU2-X-1.1.dll
    SysLibError Message: <NULL>
Plugin load failure: plugins\SPU2-X-r714.dll
    SysLibError Message: <NULL>
Bios Version 2.0
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0x0

Sponsored links

As far as I know, SSE2 is required by the emulator itself. This requirement can't be worked around, sorry Sad Only way is to get a new CPU.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
non-SSE2 CPUs aren't supported, and there are no plans to support them in the future.
Its ok if its not supported but the guide specifically mentions cases for non-SSE2 processors. I could have saved much time if i knew better before. Thx anyway for getting that solved quickly.
The guide is talking about 0.9.4 which indeed still supported non-SSE2 CPUs.. I believe.
Just to let you guys know. The one that removed SSE from the minimum requirement was Godwin, a mod for the pcsx2 section before it parted from ngemu. I guess he discussed it with Refraction since people kept asking about "How fast will PCSX2 run on my computer" and what not and only had an AMD XP for example. The answer of course is really slow. It was removed mostly of it being obsolete and getting decent speeds in games like Disgaea was impossible so it made games being playable surreal.
Maestro: SSE support has now also been removed from the code,meaning there are cases where if you don't have SSE2 or higher the emulator will just crash/die.

Maniaxx: You're right,I'm already on the process of updating the guide for the new version
[Image: newsig.jpg]